Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Not sleeping because I'm afraid of losing time  (Read 208 times)

Offline BitterOverdose

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Not sleeping because I'm afraid of losing time
« on: January 30, 2014, 02:44:25 PM »
I get these phases from time to time, where my sleep routine goes completely WHOOSH out of my control.
I suffer from social anxiety and mild manic depression, if it has anything to do with it. Even if all seems to be going steady, alright, for a while, suddenly I decide to stay up all night. And then, despite the fatigue and readiness to fall asleep whenever, I remain awake (besides maybe 2-4 hours a day)... I think that I have something going on with time. I mean, I don't have a real phobia of time running out or anything, but I still feel like sleep takes too much time from my life when I could be reading (though I'm too tired to take anything in), watching movies, drawing/painting. So I force myself to stay awake. At those times, the irrational thinking rules over the rest of the mind. But obviously I am here to seek help, while I feel awake enough, because I've hurt people with this extreme moodiness, and my grades have dropped down insanely and everything seems disconnected. At this stage, I haven't been able to force myself to sleep properly for four days.. Is that something that I should look into, or maybe just a whim of the mind during a stressful school year?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Not sleeping because I'm afraid of losing time
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 06:02:51 AM »
One key think you wrote up here. The use of the wording '  force myself to sleep '. We should never force ourselves to sleep. That way we will never ever sleep. Sleep has to come to us. Relaxation in bed might bring sleep to you. Some soft music on the radio. Just to take your mind away from thinking about other things. Always stay in bed. Try to remain calm and relaxed. If tired enough I am sure you will sleep.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue