Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Mole worry  (Read 178 times)

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Living in Fear of My Own Body
    • Poke This Member
Mole worry
« on: January 30, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »
My recent bout of anxiety due to messing up my med dosage has focused on my melanoma fear. I have been getting better the past week, which I believe is due to me fixing the way I take my meds. Earlier in the shower I happened to look at a mole I have on my pubic area. I believe that it has gotten bigger since my derm appointment a few months back (I know how bad us hypos memories can be). I'm trying to maintain a rational thought pattern about it, as I'm guessing that just because a mole grows doesn't mean it is bad. I am due to have a physical sometime soon, and I wonder if my primary care doc could check it for me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Living in Fear of My Own Body
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mole worry
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 01:26:11 PM »
I mean I know she can look at it, but I guess I'm wondering if she would be able to tell if it warrants further investigation so to speak.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 03:19:41 PM »
Yes, your primary care doctor will be able to tell you if you need to see a dermatologist about it or that it will need to be examined more.  I have a mole on my back and even my dad was concerned about it so I was worried of course because he never worries about health problems.  Long story short, I went to my GP and she looked at it and said it was fine.  It hasn't changed in size since then and that was over 1 year ago.  But, yes she would be able to tell if it needs further investigation.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 06:56:27 PM »
I read some of your blog; kudos to you!  I've wanted to start one on HA for ages, but am unsure how to (I work in social media for heavens sake!). I too have had the "Might Be Melanoma Blues".  I'm sure you've got a 10x magnifier and a flashlight, and have studied it ad nauseum.  I'm sure you know the suspicious mole acronym ABCD.  Assymetry, border, color and diameter.  The shape should be similar on both sides.  The border should be smooth -- not jagged.  If you have more than two colors (e.g. tan, black, red) that's worrisome, and finally diameter.  No larger than the size of a pencil eraser in diameter.  Check this out: WARNING MOLE PICS:

http://www.bobbybukamd.com/special-interest-topics/when-moles-go-bad-how-to-discover-a-bad-mole-beforeyour-dermatologist

Your GP said it was fine, and it has remained the same for a year...very good signs.  It's great that youre vigilant, but dont let it make you crazy...im sure youll be fine.  Hugs
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 09:45:03 PM »
My internal medicine physician said that the dermatologist is the doctor to see for skin issues or exams.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: