Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How to cover come stupid unrealistic thoughts  (Read 181 times)

Offline rotunda

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How to cover come stupid unrealistic thoughts
« on: January 30, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »
Please someone tell me how i can overcome my thoughts of doom.

I get a tiny symptom and then thats it... all hell breaks loose and my anxiety goes through the roof!

How can i stop this, please!?
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How to cover come stupid unrealistic thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »
Here's how:  remember that every one of us on here are experiencing the same thing.  If you are chronically depressed or anxious however, you may want to ask for a mild anxiety drug.  I don'tleave the house without one in my purse.  Also, iI find distractions are a great help.  Online games, music, drawing, or just a vigorous house cleaning often clears the clouds.  Prayer helps more than anything though, and there are many scriptures on healing.  Hugs and blessings
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Living in Fear of My Own Body
    • Poke This Member
Re: How to cover come stupid unrealistic thoughts
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:27:53 PM »
I really believe that with my level of anxiety, I couldn't manage without being on meds. I have tried to go without and it didn't take much to send me into a tailspin of anxiety. This of course is something that has to be done through a psychiatrist or sometimes a general care doctor. I also have xanax for anxiety attacks, but don't have to take it much. It is nice to have as almost a safety blanket, a there if I need it type of thing. I agree with Nyt that a big thing is trying to distract yourself from the thoughts that we dwell on. I play computer games, and it helps a good bit. I don't think there is any magic answer to make anxiety completely go away, but there are definitely things that we can do to try and lessen the intensity of it. I think a lot of folks here realize that we are going to be hypochondriacs no matter what, but the goal I think is to keep that part of us in the background and not let it take over our lives.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: