Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Painful back - worried again  (Read 195 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Painful back - worried again
« on: January 30, 2014, 10:17:39 AM »
I of course have another worry again and I am hoping someone can help me.  For about 2 weeks now I have had a painful spot on my spine in the middle of my back.  I would say that it is located around the bottom of my ribs - I think that's mid-back.  But I have had this painful/tight feeling in that one spot for the past 2 weeks and I have no idea what is going on.  I haven't injured it, or been hit there.  It hurts sometimes if I am walking around, sometimes it doesn't hurt but feels tight in that spot.  Sometimes the pain will radiate outward (mainly to the right of the spot, but sometimes to the left).  I felt the area where it is, and it feels like that one spot it bulging a little bit - the actual spine or bone along with one spot above and below it to a lesser degree almost.  Anyway, I am worried it's a bone tumor growing, or some other tumor.  It does help quite a bit when I lay down, because when I lay down to go to bed the pain lessens dramatically.  If I sit in a chair the pain lessens but doesn't go away completely, but the tight feeling still remains too.  I will also have pelvic pain as well from time to time with the spinal pain.

I apologize for rambling and again posting something on here, but this has been going on for 2 weeks now and it hasn't gotten any better.  The pain isn't unbearable but it is noticeable.  I honestly thought that my anxiety was improving though - then this happened.
I am only 20 years old, so I don't how this can be something other than serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Painful back - worried again
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 01:50:08 PM »
Yep!  We HA folks assume the worst don't we?!  I've had a similar issue for months, and its sore if Ipress on it (hard to do because of the location).  You probably have a protruding disc or pinched nerve.  I had mine for about two months, but it went away as mysteriously as is appeared.  If you had a spinal tumor, it would be causing some serious neurological issues.  Watch your posture and try to see a chiropractor...it helps.  Hugs
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline Caribou

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 02:41:30 PM »
Well something that worries me also is I just took my temperature and it was 98.2
Now some people may think that's not a fever, but that is above normal for me.  My body temperature is always at 96.5-97.0 and almost never gets above 98.0  I honestly know something is more wrong that just a normal backache.  I have had the stomach pain on and off for a little over 2 years, and now this new back pain along with chills almost once a day.  I honestly don't want to live like this anymore.  I'm going to make an appointment for next week to see my GP and I want to make sure that I am scanned or seen for everything.  What am I suppose to ask my doctor though?  I just worry that my doctor won't think anything is wrong with me and then send me home when in reality something probably is.   :(

I also forgot to mention that my right lower eyelid has sporadically started twitching along with the skin on the right side of my jaw.  It doesn't happen everyday but it has started happening.  And if I have my feet in the wrong position for even a few minutes they fall asleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 05:14:14 PM »
Well something that worries me also is I just took my temperature and it was 98.2
Now some people may think that's not a fever, but that is above normal for me.  My body temperature is always at 96.5-97.0 and almost never gets above 98.0  I honestly know something is more wrong that just a normal backache.  I have had the stomach pain on and off for a little over 2 years, and now this new back pain along with chills almost once a day.  I honestly don't want to live like this anymore.  I'm going to make an appointment for next week to see my GP and I want to make sure that I am scanned or seen for everything.  What am I suppose to ask my doctor though?  I just worry that my doctor won't think anything is wrong with me and then send me home when in reality something probably is.   :(

I also forgot to mention that my right lower eyelid has sporadically started twitching along with the skin on the right side of my jaw.  It doesn't happen everyday but it has started happening.  And if I have my feet in the wrong position for even a few minutes they fall asleep.

Dear Caribou, you are a senior member of an anxiety forum... why do you not accept that your symptoms are the physical manifestations of anxiety/depression?   The next ache, pain or strange sensation will send you right back asking questions.  This is no way to live.  Believe me, I do not say it with any judgement, as I was there, but had to accept the diagnosis of anxiety/depression and begin the work. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 07:41:52 PM »
Never is right.  Twitching eyelids are a tell-tale sign that the anxiety level is high.  Also, the more stressed, the more muscular tensiin you'll have = more tightness, pain, pressure, etc.  When you sit, the pain improves, which could be a postural problem.  Regarding your temperature:  like every good hypo, I own three thermometers!!  There are often variations close to a full degree in my temps.  My normal temp is usually quite low as well (97.9 - 98.1), but anything can change it (brushing teeth, carrying in groceries, dressing warmly, eating or drinking within 10 minutes of a temp reading).  Chills are a common sign of anxiety (read the symptoms poll), or your body could be fighting a slight intestinal bug, or you could be ovulating / hormone fluctuations.  You're thinking the worst.  Funny thing is that most folks wouldn't give these symptoms a second thought... We are a very different breed, aren't we?  If you can meditate or pray and tell yourself, "I'm tired of worrying about this!" You may find things return to normal.  Think back to the last time you had a bad HA attack and saw the doctor for blood weork / xrays / exam... DDidn't the symptom vanish as soon as you were told your results are normal"?   Big hug from me to you.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline NeverAgain2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 11:01:22 PM »
Never is right.  Twitching eyelids are a tell-tale sign that the anxiety level is high.  Also, the more stressed, the more muscular tensiin you'll have = more tightness, pain, pressure, etc.  When you sit, the pain improves, which could be a postural problem.  Regarding your temperature:  like every good hypo, I own three thermometers!!  There are often variations close to a full degree in my temps.  My normal temp is usually quite low as well (97.9 - 98.1), but anything can change it (brushing teeth, carrying in groceries, dressing warmly, eating or drinking within 10 minutes of a temp reading).  Chills are a common sign of anxiety (read the symptoms poll), or your body could be fighting a slight intestinal bug, or you could be ovulating / hormone fluctuations.  You're thinking the worst.  Funny thing is that most folks wouldn't give these symptoms a second thought... We are a very different breed, aren't we?  If you can meditate or pray and tell yourself, "I'm tired of worrying about this!" You may find things return to normal.  Think back to the last time you had a bad HA attack and saw the doctor for blood weork / xrays / exam... DDidn't the symptom vanish as soon as you were told your results are normal"?   Big hug from me to you.

I think I would toss two out of three thermometers.   :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: