Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Pelvic Pain not helping my HA! endo, cyst, worse?  (Read 248 times)

Offline fbdc8891

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pelvic Pain not helping my HA! endo, cyst, worse?
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:47:08 PM »
Before I start, I'm so thankful for this board! I've been looking around at everyone's postings for a while, but finally I've decided to try my first one.

A little background, I've had a lot of anxiety due to my health. At 23 years old, I've been through a fair amount of health scares. One which turned out to be an ovarian cyst, another with pelvic floor dysfunction, gastro issues related to antibiotics (from frequent sinus infections), back and forth BV and yeast infections (finally under control) and a cervical cancer scare which ended up being fine (thank god!!) but I had to have a cone biopsy.

Three months after my cone biopsy, I'm now having pelvic pain. It started last month when I had pain around ovulation time. It lasted about a week, then seemed to go away. Nothing too major or crippling, but it was noticeable. I went to the doctor right before getting my period and he said he didn't feel anything during an internal exam, but I also think he was going pretty quickly (he had an emergency with one of his pregnant patients right after).

Now this month, I've had pelvic pain for about 4 days now, but it seems to be fairly worse. It's on my lower right side, radiates to my hip, and I seem to have bloating/gas with it as well. I worked out this morning, and I don't know if that affected it, but the pain seems to be worse. I am also having constipation with it.

Have any women also had this problem? I'm a little afraid it's endometriosis, because I always think of infertility and chronic pain when hearing that! I'm afraid I'm going to now have chronic pain since there is no cure. I also don't know if it could be an ovarian cyst, since the cyst I had was about 10 years ago. I have relatively long periods (7 days) but they're always on time, pretty heavy but no terrible cramping. Then I thought maybe PID from infection from the cone biopsy is possible. Any similar stories or help would be appreciated!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kjoyce

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pelvic Pain not helping my HA! endo, cyst, worse?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 11:14:08 AM »
I have had endometriosis in the past and the pain I felt was constant. I felt it around my ovaries day and night for months. Had a laparoscopy and laser therapy. It was 11 years ago and now I am a mother of 2 boys so endometriosis doesn't always mean infertility!
Since having my 2nd son 3 years ago I have had pelvic floor dysfunction also. Mine causes pain in my bladder, groin, left thigh and also constipation. Pain comes and goes and can be very severe.
I have also had ovarian cysts in the past. They usually mess up your periods so I'm not sure if that's what you have.
Your symptoms sound a lot like pelvic floor dysfunction to me but getting an ultrasound might be a good idea anyway.
But please, don't worry. Those kind of pains around your period or ovulation are very very common. See your doctor again if the pain doesn't go away and ask for an ultrasound scan.
Bookmark and Share
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

Offline fbdc8891

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 02:46:22 AM »
Thank you so much for your reply! Nice to know someone has also had pelvic floor dysfunction. Still in pain around my period with cramping, but your response gives me some comfort that despite the possible problems I'm having I can still hopefully carry children some day!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 08:11:31 AM »
Are you talking PAIN pain or just a constant pressure feeling?
Bookmark and Share

Offline fbdc8891

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 08:57:41 PM »
It really depends. It's never been painful enough to affect my life that much, only prevented me from working out sometimes basically. Right now I just feel pressure, but during ovulation I felt a pain in my lower right pelvis right near my ovary. I almost feel when I push down a little bulge there too, but it may just be in my head. Sometimes I barely feel any pressure, sometimes it's a sharp pain. It also comes with a lot of gas too I've found.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: