Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: weird but frightening chrest sensation  (Read 157 times)

Offline hypochondrius

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
weird but frightening chrest sensation
« on: January 29, 2014, 01:25:23 PM »
I've thought maybe it's my heart skipping a beat. It usually happens when I take a breath and it only lasts a second. It feels like some thing is spasming in my chest. Started 2 weeks ago and is becoming more frequent. I really wish I could describe it better. I'm 22. Has anyone experienced this before?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: weird but frightening chrest sensation
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 06:15:20 PM »
That is VERY common with anxiety!   Sounds like PVC's (premature ventricular contractions).    I had them so bad right after my daughter was born I went to the doctor (they were happening every 30 seconds for hours and hours!   On the monitor it happened and the doc was able to see, he said, "Cut back on the caffeine"  LOL!  (I don't use much caffeine, but he meant it was anxiety.  I've read a LOT about them in anxiety books.  I've been getting them again if I shovel snow!  It started once in the first storm now every time I shovel I get myself into a "state" and it happens!  (I can do vigorous aerobics, weights at the gym, etc and it doesn't happen, but I push a shovel on the sidewalk and it's missing beats!  If you feel your pulse you will actually feel it "pause" - the anxiety book says it doesn't really skip a beat, but that 2 beats were too close together so then it takes a little break before the 3'rd beat.  Sometimes the beat after the skipped one will be real hard, or sometimes when it skips it feels like your chest goes hollow, or you feel fluttering or a tickle in your throat when it happens (is that what you feel?)
Bookmark and Share

Offline threnners

• Leaping to the worst conclusion in a single bound!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Anxiety Girl
    • Poke This Member
Re: weird but frightening chrest sensation
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:27:54 PM »
Sounds like palpitations.   They are benign and harmless.    If you go to your doctor, they will probably have you wear a halter monitor and then have a cardiologist read them.     I find I get more of them when Aunt Flo is in town or I'm low in magnesium or potassium.    And once you stop being afraid of them, they are just annoying.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: