Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Racing Heart Rate/Lightheaded  (Read 212 times)

Offline NelySpinelli

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Racing Heart Rate/Lightheaded
« on: January 29, 2014, 11:36:54 AM »
Hello, I have been suffering from anxiety since two years ago.  I had severe panic attacks all of 2012 and had dealt with my anxiety enough to only have a couple of attacks in 2013.  Well my anxiety is back full force.  I don't feel stressed too much, but my body feels differently.  Since two days ago my heart rate has been 125-145 and it doesn't let up.  Not even to sleep.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, but right now i feel like im about to die.  My heart rate goes up if i make any movement at all and i start to feel lightheaded and like i can't concentrate at all.  Has anyone had this before?  I need to know that i'm not going to die and that i'm not the only one out there that feels like this!
Bookmark and Share

Offline melzmoda

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Racing Heart Rate/Lightheaded
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 10:48:54 PM »
I experience the racing heart too when I'm really anxious my heart rate can stay up all day.  Normally not that high, if your heart rate has been really that high even when you sleep (which I don't know how you can tell that since your sleeping) then just for peace of mind you could always go to the er.  Some people do have their heart rate go that high all day long from anxiety alone, if you have already had all of the tests done then Try to do deep breathing exercises or a warm bath or do something to take your mind off of it.  I find when my heart races if I take my mind off of it then it goes away a lot quicker.  I know what it's like to constantly worry about your heart and it's horrible!! Keep us posted please!
Bookmark and Share

Offline NelySpinelli

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:35:31 AM »
The thing is that I don't feel really anxious.  I've had so many EKG's and even had that dye test done and everything always comes out normal.  The doctors always attribute the racing heart to stress and/or anxiety.  They always say that because i'm only 28 and there's no family history of heart attacks that i should be fine.  The reason I say my heart rate stays up even when i'm sleeping is because i can only get about 30min to an hour of sleep at a time.  It's usually my racing heart that doesn't let me sleep.  I'll start sweating and i feel like my whole body is bruised to the point that i can't find a comfortable position becuase everything hurts!

Well my appointment is at 2 today so i will definately keep you posted!  ~~Thank you for your reply
Bookmark and Share

Offline Laura48310

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 12:43:02 PM »
Yes this has happend to me many times sounds like a full blown panic attack symptom to me. All I can say is it passes eventually. I'm sorry you feel like this but just remember when your brain is telling you your dieting your not its your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: GAD racing heart