Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Please please respond.Went to ER middle of night bcoz of health anxiety. Help me  (Read 848 times)

Offline Sani

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi i am having very bad urinary urgency and frequency since a week almost. Its so bad that every time i pee within a minute the pressure starts building again and gets bad in sometime. I had a blood test in august last year and all was okay. I have been under depresssion stress because of my family of originin sincemy son 20 months now was born. I am 36 yrs old and live in NY

I just feel its a tumor thats pressing on my bladder. Its not UTI i never get them. I even checked with azo strips, no infection and the symptoms r not liek uti. I do have some burning all the time around my urethra. I did shave the area  a day before all this happened.

When i got too anxious yday night i just decided to go to ER. At 1 am!!! They made me wait forever obviously as it wasnt life threatening and then i saw a PA. She sent my urine for culture wont have the results today.
She manually checked my abdomen pelvis and said its soft and not distended or anything and with a tumor usually it gets hard somewhere.
I think about all the people that get misdiagnosed with ovarian cancer etc and I am sure their abdomen gets palpated as well and they still get sent back.
I am also constipated since this started.

Please whats going on is it fibroids,my ovaries, colon?

I have had ovarian cysts and always the symptoms were dischanrge and pain so its not that

Please help me someone
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Make an appointment with your regular doctor and discuss it with him or her. You can get piece of mind by having the appropriate tests. The er won't help much because it's not an emergency, so they won't do much to help you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Hi Sani. Sorry you're going through this!

There are A LOT of things that can cause urinary urgency and frequency, and a tumor is the least likely of it! My suggestion would be to see a GP at your convenience and explain all of what you've written here to them as opposed to the ER doctors. That way you can have someone work with you in a continuous fashion to get to the root of your problems. It could actually be the stress and depression you mentioned causing all of your issues.

No matter what the issue is, a GP well help you get on the right track to take care of it, whether that means treating your anxiety, ordering some tests, etc.

Do not fear, though! This is really, really unlikely to be something sinister.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Sani

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you guys. I really think its an ovarian or uterine mass. Its surely not in my head. I am so scared. I feel like getting sedated its so bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
This happened to me twice - one it was after I did something and injured myself by stretching a certain way (you may have done that?)
The other time there was absolutely NOTHING wrong (I'd go, and in an hour and a half I'd have to go SO BAD and I'd go SO MUCH!  I didn't know where all that urine was coming from!!  I wouldn't even be drinking anything!  After about 5 days I went to the doctor and she told me that it was basically "all in my head"  (not those words though) She said that it must have happened once, I got upset then kept thinking about it, then kept going to the bathroom - it would get to the point that my brain was "telling" me it was time to go, and that what I should do is ignore the urge for a half hour and then keep expanding the time.  I did that and I DID go back to normal.  I don't explain things well, hope you can understand!
If a mass was that large that it was pushing on your bladder already, the doctor would have felt it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sani, are you taking viibryd? One of the side effects is frequent urination.
Bookmark and Share

Offline threnners

• Leaping to the worst conclusion in a single bound!
  • Anxiety Girl
    • Poke This Member
I have had the urinary frequency spells.   They always subside, and they always suck, but it was anxiety.

Also, I have had ovarian cysts and went to the ER thinking I had one, and it turns out it was just an IBS flare up.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi i am having very bad urinary urgency and frequency since a week almost. Its so bad that every time i pee within a minute the pressure starts building again and gets bad in sometime. I had a blood test in august last year and all was okay. I have been under depresssion stress because of my family of originin sincemy son 20 months now was born. I am 36 yrs old and live in NY

I just feel its a tumor thats pressing on my bladder. Its not UTI i never get them. I even checked with azo strips, no infection and the symptoms r not liek uti. I do have some burning all the time around my urethra. I did shave the area  a day before all this happened.

When i got too anxious yday night i just decided to go to ER. At 1 am!!! They made me wait forever obviously as it wasnt life threatening and then i saw a PA. She sent my urine for culture wont have the results today.
She manually checked my abdomen pelvis and said its soft and not distended or anything and with a tumor usually it gets hard somewhere.
I think about all the people that get misdiagnosed with ovarian cancer etc and I am sure their abdomen gets palpated as well and they still get sent back.
I am also constipated since this started.

Please whats going on is it fibroids,my ovaries, colon?

I have had ovarian cysts and always the symptoms were dischanrge and pain so its not that

Please help me someone

Urinary frequency is one of the most common symptoms of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sani

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you so much for the responses.

The azo home test did not show an infection but the area for nitrites turned pink after sometime maybe half an hour. It seems that happens when left at room temp so basically this means there is no infection.

Sunlover what you wrote makes sense in my case. I never stretched much but have been exercising a bit before all this started. I did shave the area a day before this started. And sorry for tmi but everytime i go pee i use water to wash myself and a couple of occasions the water was too hot. Though i really dont think that would make me pee constantly but maybe the urethra got irritated?

I am a little better today but still have burning and some freq urgency issues. I hate being in this place of constant guessing .

Bookmark and Share

Offline Sani

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lara no i am not on any meds i am taking cipro just in case this is an infection. I had cipro at home.

Sunlover thanks for saying that if the mass was so large to do this they woukd have felt it. That made me relax a little. She said my abdomen and pelvic area was tender and normal. But wouldnt they be able to feel the ovaries properly only with internal pelvic exam. Honestly i can feel a certain rawness when i touch the area. Its so confusing. Its also very slightly itchy. Sorry tmi
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
You are probably raw and itchy from going so much - too much wiping.  Try doing what my doctor suggested (stretching out the time little by little) and maybe after wiping put a little Vaseline on the area to keep it supple.
Bookmark and Share

Offline whippetiggy

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Now and then I go through bouts of something similar.  It's from something internally that I pull/stretch out of whack. Unfortunately, I've had this so many times that I ignore it as much as I can but I forget the name of the part that gets pulled. My gp checked it out years ago and told me what it was. But, it wasn't tumor or UTI or anything bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sani

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thanks makes sense.

Whipple you go through this kind of extreme urgency and frequency like wanting to go immediateoy after you have gone? Is it sciatica or some nerve thing?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sani

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
The same thing started again last week guys i am on vacation and can't stop thinking getting worried:(((((
It started a day before we came here I did nothing new had applied henna to my hair but the last time this happened was in January and i didn't put henna that time.
I am stressed again what's this thing that happens urgency frequency the constant urge to urinate and raw area.with no uti or any infection
Also last time when this happened I.did.to.er.and.a.gp the er charged me $500 for a urine test and seeing a PA who said she felt my tummy and it feels normal no fluids bloating etc
The go did a complete blood test all came.out normal except slightly high cholesterol and low vitamin d levels
What's going on guys my husband is freaking that this will.make me mad enough to rush to er and get charged another 50 he says it's my head but no its.not. does this mean another.round of docs so tired and want to enjoy this vacation
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Since you're here, you're probably under some stress, even if it's subconscious.  Hypochondria is a mean sucker - makes us anxious even when we're not aware of it!

As for what you describe - I've had that quite a lot.  I used to get UTI tests every time, but most often they came back negative (though a couple of times I did have one).  I still get a test if it lasts for more than a few days, but usually it comes and goes. 

Also, I know you said for you this isn't a symptom of ovarian cysts, but that can change depending on the cyst.  If it's bigger than normal or in a location close to the bladder, it can put pressure on it, making you feel like you have to pee when you don't. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: