Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Bleeding gums after brushing teeth? Health Anxiety rises again!  (Read 400 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Bleeding gums after brushing teeth? Health Anxiety rises again!
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:22:29 AM »
Hello everyone. so i have this everytime after i brush my teeth and then i spit the toothpaste leftover from my mouth i can see there is little blood on the lavatory. Well i really brush my teeth hard! not just my teeth alone but also my gums, Well i kinda notice that when i brush on my upper right side and center, it's kinda tingly. I can see a two small spot cut on my gums that probably caused my gums bleeding after brushing, one on the center and one on the right side, both are on the upper gums.  Well guess what health anxiety rises again... Leukemia OH MY GOD! What was i thinking?!....

So my question is, Do you also have this kind of thing bleeding gums after brushing your teeth? Does this cause from me brushing my teeth so hard up to my gums? Maybe i need a new toothbrush? the soft bristles one? Could it be my gums are a bit sensitive from hard toothbrush bristles? I hope i am not alone with this. To be honest, this is not the first time happened to me. Maybe i am just really brushing my gums intensely recently. I hope anyone can relate that they also have bleeding gums after brushing.. Really
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bleeding gums after brushing teeth? Health Anxiety rises again!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:24:12 AM »
Go to your dentist. But Leukemia ?!, cmon...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:31:00 AM »
Leukemia most likely.. But seriously come on ! this is not even related to what leukemia CAN do. Leukemia is the LEAST likely thing to cause this.

I understand that health anxiety can cause you think that minor cut will become necrosis ( dont google if you dont know what it is ) Gingivitis ( gum disease ) is 99,99999999999999999999999999999999 % the cause its very common, and not dangerous, but i suggest you still treat it, because it can be annoying and ruin your teeth. There are special toothpastes that protect your gums, and plus you may have sensitive gums, so soft bristles may help too... And hopefully you wont think that its something deadly, gingivitis is not even close to deadly !
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 10:00:39 AM »
Mine bleed ALL the time when I brush my teeth and some teeth even when I floss!   Sounds like a common gum issue.   My dentist told me to go more often for cleanings (it's too expensive so I only go once a year)
Bookmark and Share

Offline japheree

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:19:45 AM »
Very common and nothing to worry about apart from the fact you may need to see your dentist about a very minor gum problem.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 11:13:15 PM »
Hi guys, i just noticed that it only bleeds after i brush my teeth. then afterwards none. could it be my gums were sensitive from medium type bristles, my gums were irritated. well my current toothbrush right now is medium and medium type is kinda hard.

Well to be honest, i never really floss (like never!) Really! But i do brush my teeth often 3x a day and gargle a mouthwash after brushing. And it's been a long time since the last time i visited a dentist. never been visited the dentist ever since i hit 15 i guess... (so it's pretty long time!)
Bookmark and Share

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 11:31:06 PM »
Hello @Sunlover, you mean your gums are bleeding every after you brush your teeth? You mean everytime or occasionally? And it does not bleed when you did not brush and it only bleeds when you brush? I need your response! I need a reassurance! I am going insane with this health anxiety!

I mean seriously, i was scared of Lymphoma before and now i am freakin scared of Leukemia! What the heck!!?? It's really a new year. new year, new health anxiety!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 05:30:42 AM »
Relax. This in not even a thinfg that leukemia can cause. You dont have it :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 05:43:14 AM »
Hello @Sunlover, you mean your gums are bleeding every after you brush your teeth? You mean everytime or occasionally? And it does not bleed when you did not brush and it only bleeds when you brush? I need your response! I need a reassurance! I am going insane with this health anxiety!

I mean seriously, i was scared of Lymphoma before and now i am freakin scared of Leukemia! What the heck!!?? It's really a new year. new year, new health anxiety!

They bleed EVERY time I brush and there is one tooth when I floss it will bleed a lot on occasion. My dentist gets "mad" at me for not coming as often as I should for a cleaning.  Tarter building up around teeth irritate the gums.  The one tooth MAY bleed if it feels funny and I suck on it real hard (it seems to relieve some kind of pressure) again, just a little common gum problem, nothing systemic or bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »
Hi @Ineedtosmile, i really appreciate you post on my thread twice. Yes and i really need to convince myself that i am fine! I am such a Hypo!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 08:12:33 AM »
Guess what? Bleeding gums are warning signs to us that we need to pay attention. Gums need to be brought back to health or can cause problems you don't want (not leukemia, but gum disease and possibly losing teeth).

I had bleeding gums but worked with my dentist to bring them back to health. My primary effort was to floss regularly, without fail, at the least in the evening and use a SoniCare (electric) toothbrush. Gums can return to health and will not bleed. The big reward is you will keep your precious teeth all your life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2014, 08:51:20 AM »
Well i just found out the culprit (Hopefully i am right!) Still unsure. :(

Before this happens. I am currently using this whitening toothpaste called Colgate optic white which probably caused my gums irritated, sore and bleeding. I just googled Colgate optic white complaints and i found on Amazon that there are some complaining after a week using colgate optic white, they are experiencing burning sensation, pain and their gums starts to become sensitive, sore, bleeding and irritated. Some complaints they are having a gum receding. I've been using the product for a month now. and ever since i am using that whitening toothpaste, i feel like my teeth's are achy and more sensitive to cold drinks.

Could it be this "colgate optic white" is causing all this thing?! And the bad thing is (I really don't floss.. not at all, never done that before!) But hey at least i gargle with Listerine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »
Definitely it could be ! Try switching the toothpaste, i think it will get better
Bookmark and Share

Tags: