Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bubbles in urine that won't go away easily  (Read 1537 times)

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bubbles in urine that won't go away easily
« on: January 29, 2014, 08:47:28 AM »
Hi everyone,

I knew I always had bubbles in urine but I never really cared about it until I got the nasty HA.

For the past 2 years, I've been trying to not look at my urine when I pee in the toilet. As much as possible, I pee in the shower or I pee while sitting down (I'm a guy).

I know that bubbles in urine can be caused by a lot of things, especially the impact it makes when it hits the toilet from a height. That's why I've been trying to sit down while I urinate as much as possible.

Just this evening, I urinated while sitting down and as usual, my urine hits the side of the toilet. However, I made the stupidest mistake ever by looking at the bowl -- in it, I saw very tiny bubbles. Probably around 7 of them all over the bowl. They were so tiny and didn't pop. They were just there. I panicked and then flushed down the toilet. :(

This scares me because even when I sit and hit the urine against the side of the toilet, there are still small bubbles! And worse, they don't disappear. :(

My last urine test was done 2 years ago and it came back normal. I had a CBC blood test last month which showed perfectly normal numbers -- the doctor thinks I don't have an infection and was very happy about my results. Last September, I had a blood sugar test which came back normal.

I am scared that this might be protein in urine. I've read everywhere that this could be a symptom. :(

The color of the urine was normal and there wasn't really any pain.

Is anybody here experiencing the same thing? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bubbles in urine that won't go away easily
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:19:55 AM »
Maybe you are pissing champagne  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 10:09:07 AM »
I'm female and started that problem 2 years ago (but I'm talking about bubbles that would band together and form a bubble mass maybe 8 inches wide and 5 inches long!  I had all tests too and nothing was wrong.  My doctor just told me that it was the WAY the urine was coming out (and she made a spiral with her finger) - your bubbles are NOTHING compared to mine and there was/is nothing wrong with me.  So you are fine - you had the urine tests.  (while I was waiting for my doctor appointment I would put a wad of toilet paper in the toilet so that it would hit that and not cause bubbles!) - mine don't disappear unless I throw toilet paper on them, then most go away but the outer edges flow out from the toilet paper and stay there.  (I read all those things too about protein and how the bubbles don't bust, etc - so I was going crazy in 2011 like you are now.  Relax  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 11:37:17 AM »
Thank you for the replies.

Hypo, nah, didn't even drink any champagne lol

Sunlover, thanks again for the reassuring post. I am glad that you had all the normal results from your tests. I thought I was about to panic when I found out that sitting down didn't 100% clear all the bubbles! I hope I could just make the fear go away. :(

What did the doctor specifically say about the urination issue, if you don't mind? Thank you so much...
Bookmark and Share

Offline mprowland

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 12:22:08 PM »
I went through this EXACT same thing last year.  I had blood tests done and I had two urinary tests performed; no protein.  I then took a poll from my closest friends.  All of them (6) had bubbles in their urine!  Now days, some days I have no bubbles, but most days I do. I now purposely try and make "bubble mountain!"  Dr. Goggle will get you every time. He got me last year on this subject.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 12:53:53 PM »
My doctor just told me it was the urine "spiraling" somehow (like not going straight and nicely) - I'm sure you couldn't SEE that, but that would stir up the water.  And since I'm female I DO sit and had all those bubbles!   I think they mean more of a FOAM.  My dad has kidney problems and he said that the whole toilet looks like soap suds.  My friend said her son has bubbles when he goes (he's 16), my husband has lots of bubbles - nothing is wrong with anyone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »
Tha k you sunlover and prowland.

It is a bit of a relief that people go through this and still do not have anything wrong with them. Sometimes i just can't shake it off though. I can be a total nut  :bigsmile:

Sunlover and prowland, one last auestion, do the bubbles of the ones you mentioned seem to not disappear easily too? Like have you shared bathrooms before to see that the toilet has bubbly urine? Sorry for the silly question!
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 07:49:32 PM »
Whether or not a bubble will break quickly will depend upon all sorts of things including but not limited to what you have eaten, drank and what you use to clean your toilet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mprowland

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 08:27:03 PM »
Sometimes they go away immediately, but most of the time they stay for awhile. I've had some not even fully fluch. I was worried sick about this until I received every test out there and polled everyone I know!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 05:53:53 AM »
Tha k you sunlover and prowland.

It is a bit of a relief that people go through this and still do not have anything wrong with them. Sometimes i just can't shake it off though. I can be a total nut  :bigsmile:

Sunlover and prowland, one last auestion, do the bubbles of the ones you mentioned seem to not disappear easily too? Like have you shared bathrooms before to see that the toilet has bubbly urine? Sorry for the silly question!

The bubbles don't disappear unless I drop toilet paper on them.   Even this morning I had a patch of bubbles about 4" x 3"  Then again if I don't drop toilet paper on them I flush before they'd disappear (and when I FIRST got it I'd wait and some would pop, but most wouldn't, now I don't worry about it anymore - that was Aug. 2011.

No I never saw anyone's urine in toilets (well, unless I went into a nasty public restroom!  LOL!) but when I was having the bubbles I told my husband and that is when he said his always has bubbles and I told my best friend and she said, "My son gets that all the time!  It's normal!" 

I was even trying other toilets hoping that it was just MY water or residual soap from cleaning it!  But they'd happen other places too.

Hey, we are all total nuts here!  I've been googling MS symptoms for the past 3 weeks and going nuts!  (but I FINALLY found out that MS doesn't come fleetingly a few seconds several times a day and that made me feel good, but the residual anxiety is still around.)  We are all the same here :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 06:41:50 PM »
Thanks again patob, sunlover, and prowland.

You've assured me this much and I hope that I can keep my anxiety at bay. I know I've dealt with this before and I was able to push Through. Sigh I just really hate HA :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: