Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do you still get anxious? Is this working?  (Read 245 times)

Offline Wanttofeelbetter

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do you still get anxious? Is this working?
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:56:24 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Zoloft (first anti-depressant I've ever taken). I am taking it for Anxiety, Panic and OCD.

I started December 1, 2013. Went from 12.5 - 25 - 50 - 100 Now I have been at 150mg since January 7, 2013. I was feeling much better. Finally was getting out of the house, smiling, driving short distances again and had energy. Now 3 weeks into the 150mg I am feeling sad, down and symptoms of Anxiety.

I have not had a full blown Panic Attack my any means, but why all of a sudden am I feeling like this, when things were finally starting to look up. It's not anywhere where I was with regard to panic and anxiety, but I thought the medicine was supposed to continue to make things better?

Could it be the dose increase, but after 3 weeks? Could the 150mg be too much or not enough? I am so discouraged now that this is happening. Has anyone else experienced this and continued on to success? Is this normal, am I letting it get to me too much?

I just had a very long cry :(

Hope you are all well :)

Thank you

Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 105
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do you still get anxious? Is this working?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:48:44 PM »
Is this normal, am I letting it get to me too much?

It is way to early to tell if 150mg is going to work. It is not uncommon to be taking a few steps back occasionally in the beginning. With antidepressants patience is definitely a virtue. One that can be sorely tested at times.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline stevo1111

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:47:39 AM »
I've been on my current med for 8 months and I'm still improving with every day. It's odd, but the improvements over time seem almost linear. The amount of time you've been on the medicine isn't quite enough to determine if it's an adequate dose yet, at least in my opinion. This is why in the past doctors would often build up fairly quickly to the maximum tolerated dose, achieve remission and then cut back incrementally to a point where side effects are minimized but efficacy remains. I suspect this has to do with the fact that antidepressant therapy is being used to treat moderate cases now, where in the past generally those with only moderate-severe symptoms reached out for psychological help.

If your side effects are manageable, there is likely little downside to a dosage increase. I would discuss the long term plan with your doctor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:53:33 AM »
It is not uncommon to be taking a few steps back occasionally in the beginning.
Ian

This is definitely true. I still have occasional, albeit much less severe, anxiety, particularly around that time of the month.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LynnC

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:37:06 AM »
Wanttofeelbetter this exact thing is happening to me on lexapro...it is discouraging. I've been on it for 12.5 weeks and 4.5 of those weeks on 10mg. A month into the 10mg I felt good for 5 days and then it turned and I felt just as before (no appetite, depressed, anxiety...and just an overall feeling of uneasiness which is new to me). It's like I don't feel comfortable in my own skin anymore...not sure what this is? I'm going to give it 1 more week on 10mg so I'll have a full 6 weeks on this dose and increase my dosage per the doctor. It's like the panic waves are waiting to pounce at any minute. I'm not sure how far one can go on zoloft...when do you a doc appt again?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Wanttofeelbetter

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 12:15:58 PM »
LynnC I go back to dr. next Tuesday.... I'm just wondering if three weeks into a dosage increase can cause the anxiety and down feeling to come back. The first few weeks of starting Zoloft I felt like this but even worse so I'm just wondering if this is the normal process.... I hope you feel better soon too
Bookmark and Share

Offline Laura48310

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 12:18:24 PM »
I take 100 mg of Zoloft daily it has stopped panic attacks but has not stopped my anxiety and depression.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: