Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Food poisoning after eating canned soup (Botulism?)  (Read 199 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline elithath

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 86
  • Rec's: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Food poisoning after eating canned soup (Botulism?)
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:43:43 PM »
Hey all!

I'm kind of worried -- earlier today I ate Healthy Choice chicken soup that wasn't cooked long enough. I took a bite, realized it was only lukewarm, and immediately threw it back in the microwave for another minute. Unfortunately, I swallowed. And of course, googling led me to botulism and a ton of other food poisoning potentials.

I know the risk is low. It was cooked, just not all the way (I assume lukewarm is around 100F?). I'm not sure that's enough to kill any toxins..

Thanks in advance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 280
  • Rec's: 2
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Food poisoning after eating canned soup (Botulism?)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:36:16 PM »
You don't have botulism. It's extremely rare (especially in canned food) and there has only been two outbreaks since 1978.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
1264 Views
Last post December 15, 2007, 03:36:00 AM
by Folkwire
3 Replies
783 Views
Last post February 02, 2009, 09:16:36 PM
by gridder
2 Replies
600 Views
Last post May 03, 2012, 07:31:46 AM
by hypomom
3 Replies
202 Views
Last post January 14, 2013, 04:36:34 AM
by london23
3 Replies
158 Views
Last post January 11, 2014, 05:45:52 PM
by Moebearocka1980

anything