Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Retinal Migraines? - HELP  (Read 168 times)

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Retinal Migraines? - HELP
« on: January 28, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »
Guys.. i'm sorry to do this again.. but i think the visual disturbance i get is retinal migraine. - And that's just mentally hurt me so bad....... i'm so scared now :(

I have read that retinal migraines were one eye but blindness... as in, blackness. But now i've read a few other places that if it's one eye (mine are) then they can be shimmer/stars etc... that's what mine are.

I'm terrified now.... because i read retinal migraines are more serious. I'm so scared about going back to square one with my anxiety.. but i feel so trapped! I'm scared that with these and my regular migraines that i'm just stuck... and will have a stroke/lose my vision in one eye.

I know self diagnosing is stupid and i shouldn't have google searched....

what do you guys think of retinal migraines?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dayvid

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Retinal Migraines? - HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 04:32:57 PM »
Ok guys.. i've calmed down! Anxiety got the best of me.. and i'm sorry that i've been such a burden the past few days.

I understand retinal migraines are mainly a blackout of vision in one eye. So maybe what i have are a form of retinal migraine (as they happen when my migraines are peaking) and rather blood flow to my retina changes? - But just not a full blown migraine? - That's what i've decided might be possible?

I'm considering an eye exam. - But any help with retinal migraines would be nice! (Are they more serious?) - Trying not to google!
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:16:38 PM »
HI,

I get ocular migraines - first a blind spot and then a small flicker of light and then it takes over all of my vision with lights and zigzags for about 30 - 40 minutes from start to finish.  Does that sound like what you have?  I didn't read your other posts - so I don't know.  But my eye doctor says they really are nothing to worry about - they can come with or without a migraine headache.  I get both - sometimes a headache sometimes not.  My dad gets them as well and I assume they are hereditary.  I think mine are also hormonal related.  My dad has had them for about 40 years and he is 74 now and no stroke, so I hope that helps :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dayvid

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 01:04:10 PM »
Thanks aec.

I do have normal migraines that give a visual aura. But these are one eye'd which now suggests to me a retinal migraine?

I'm slightly confused by the fact that the most common symptom is temporary blindness in on eye... but who knows...

if anyone does know more about retinal migraines... let me know :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: retinal migraine aura