Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm just here to Introduce myself  (Read 99 times)

Offline SongBird10

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Music is emotion in Melody
    • Poke This Member
I'm just here to Introduce myself
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »
I'm new here obviously I'm introducing myself. I'm sorry I guess I'm just a little nervous.

A little about myself. Well I'm 20 years old and a junior in college. I'm currently trying to get certified for a vet tech position. I played softball for 16 years and just recently switched my view from sports to music. I am in the local community choir and am excited to learn the ins and outs. I have played baseball, basketball, volleyball, and softball. I am for all intensive purposes a book worm. I love to draw, write, scrapbook and am trying to learn how to play the Guitar. I am very much an animal person. Currently I am the proud owner of four cats, a dog, and several birds. I am totally blanking on anything else. If you want to know anything else just ask  :happy0151:

A little about why I'm here? Well like many of the people on this site I have been dealing with a general anxiety disorder and have some depressive tendencies? If that is the best way to put it. I have been going to see a therapist for a little less then a year I think. He encourages me to reach out and try to talk to people. Except this week I realized my friends had no interest in caring what I had to say. I just recently lost my Grandma, broke up with my boyfriend of three years, switched schools, and ran out of my medication. All of which has not made this any easier. I have been dealing with this since at least high school. And since I ran out of my medicine it has gotten worse. I am trying to get into my doctor but I have to say I am not found of being on medication. If anyone has any reassurance there I could use it. Symptoms I guess could be helpful. Lately my moods have been changing more then some people change their clothes. I will end up usually so anxious that my chest and stomach start to hurt, there are some days I feel like there is just a tremendous weight on my chest and I cant breath. I have been really jumpy lately. Seeing or hearing things. Like out of the corner of my eye type stuff. I really cant think of anything else right now. Like I said if anything else is needed to know just ask.  :question:

That's kinda me in a nut shell. Thanks for listening I really hope this will help me in the long run

~SongBird10  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
"Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul."

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 168
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm just here to Introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:38:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline bu05

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm just here to Introduce myself
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 06:40:06 AM »
Hi, I am new to this forum too. It is very nerve racking writing your first post I just wrote mine too. I think it will def help to be able to speak to people who know what you are going threw and can offer tips and advice.

I am hoping to find this site very useful and I hope you will too.

All the best xx
Bookmark and Share

Tags: