Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety and panic  (Read 107 times)

Offline eva12

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety and panic
« on: January 28, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »
hi to all.Im so glad i have found somewhere i can help and.hopefully be helped.I hate to tell my story as my panic.and.anxiety stems alot from guilt and i don't want to be judged.i also worry that i don't deserve to be helped...here goesWith hindsight i think I've always suffered with feelings of panic since i was a little girl, although i didn't know it at the time, and i always felt panic when it cane to falling out with friend.A few years ago i had a lovely circle of close friends and one best friend.over a period of time my friend husband came on to me several times.i handled the situation all wrong and didn't tell him firmly enough to stop it.instead i nervously would laugh it off.i hate to upset people and hate confrontation so i didn't tell anyone.it came to a point where this man would try to kiss me and touch me and eventually went a bit further.now I'm not calling it rape.i take full responsibility for not bring strong enough to tell him to back of or tell his wife, my friend.but i eventually did tell her and as you can imagine out didn't go down well.i lost alot of close friends who all read the situation as black and white that i had slept with my friengs husbandThis is when my major panic and anxiety started.After a few years my friend decided she still wanted to remain friends and we slowly built up a great friendshipShe eventually divorced the guy..nothing to do with me..and remarried.However, the new husband is someone i once had a brief fling with.everyone involved knew the situation but it was not discussed.Cue me making another huge mistake to mess up our friendship..during a conversation i mentioned the worst thing i could have and have understandably hurt my friend again.she is currently not speaking to me.I know this may all sound trivial and there are much worse things going on in the world but this is why i am feeling panicky,depressed,guilty, like a terrible person etcI have been to the docs who have increased my dosage of citalopram and also prescribed beta blockers.I cannot put the past behind me and it's running my life.i have children i need to be strong for but i cant shake myself out of this mess.Any words of advice or wisdom will be massively appreciated
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 20
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety and panic
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:59:25 PM »
Hi Eva...

Like you, I am also on Citalopram (Celexa).  While anti-depressants are wonderfully powerful medications, and can really help us, they are most often not the only treatment required to progress forward.

It seems to me that you could really benefit from some form of therapy.  Just yesterday, I started cognitive behavioral therapy sessions.  I will be attending them every two weeks.  Certainly something for you to consider.

The very best to you, Eva!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: