Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: 2 months that I can't live a normal life with my daughter cause OF BRAIN TUMOR  (Read 276 times)

Offline Bella41123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello everyone, i had my daughter 9 months ago, before her I was a very happy person ;/ I never feared death or thought about health issues. Then I had her I was even happier but just these past 2 months I been worried about me having a brain tumor ;/ I can't be happy anymore dealing with this fear. In the beginning of my anxiety when it started I started having shooting pains all over my body, I would go to sleep and I would wake up jumping cause I would fear I'm dying in my sleep. I recently had a panic attack when I was shopping with my boyfriend my heart was beating so fast and i was thinking I was dying. Now these past weeks, I have been getting a burning sensation in the back of my head. I would get pain down the bridge of my nose behind me left eye. My legs always ache my left arm would go to sleep but I can move it around.  I have had migraines in my past but that was due to food triggering it. I had headaches every morning but not so servers just my eyes hurt and my nose and forehead. No Naseua or vommiting. I would take medicine but it won't help as much. I been to the doctor said I'm fine, but these headaches aren't like any I've had before, they usually go away but these aren't I want my normal life back ! Idk what to think anymore I don't want a MRI done cause I'm scared so much I'm scared I don't wanna leave my daughter behind I'm scared of cancer I'm scared of every health issue out there ;/ please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi Bella,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Bella, what you are describing sounds like typical anxiety symptoms.  You'll find many here at  AZ that suffer from the same types of issues.  Just know that you are not alone, and I believe you will find comfort and support from the members on this site.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline mhmommy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi Bella I just wanted to respond and empathize with you.
I had a pet/ct (i don't have cancer) in august and since have learned
that i am sensitive to radiation and have been sick ever since.
ive had thoughts that im dying.. and im still scared.
i just have to keep working at it every day and build my toolbox, i.e. friends,
doctors, medication if you need it, exercise etc.
you sound like you're doing that, keep it up and try to relax because i know the anxiety,
worry has made me feel worse. i take baths, use hot packs etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I could have written this post myself :)

I have a daughter (my first) who is almost 9 months old.  Since October I've been having head tumor worries of some kind or another.  I have facial pressure mostly across my nose and under my eyes.  I convinced myself I had a sinus tumor.  My GP said no...it was stress/anxiety, but sent me to an ENT.  The ENT did a CT scan (which of course was clear) and said it was stress/anxiety.  My DH has been travelling a bit since October, and his last trip was 2 weeks long to a scary country.  When he left, I started having head pressure and daily headaches.  Since his return, they've pretty much disappeared, although the facial pressure is still there, and sometimes a headache during stressful parts of the day...which with an 8 month old is to be expected :)  However, there's still a part of me that worries I have a brain tumor, and it doesn't help that all over social media I have friends reporting brain tumors, kids with brain tumors, people dying of brain tumors, etc. 

And yes, I'm scared to death about something happening to me before my baby can grow up...but as both my doctors said, that is anxiety talking and probably needs to be dealt with above anything else.  In fact, my ENT said that I need to find coping mechanisms when new symptoms arise because not every symptom means imminent death.  And it isn't healthy to spend my days worried about dying/tumors/etc. when I could be enjoying my little girl instead.

So I'm a work in progress of course, but it sounds like you may be experiencing some of the same...stress can wreak havoc on your body! My headaches are usually dull but fleeting.  Caffeine gets rid of them, so I use that to reassure myself that it isn't a brain tumor. 

I did find that last week when I went to the hair salon (and DH spent 3 hours with our little one) that I could completely relax and be pampered.  I left the salon feeling SOOOO wonderful!  But the next day, the symptoms started coming back, so I reminded myself that it was STRESS, not a tumor.  Tumor pain isn't relieved by a hair dryer :)

If your doctor says you're fine then you're fine.  You have to listen to him/her as THEY are the ones who are the experts in medicine.  They would recognize brain tumor symptoms if they saw them.

The hardest job in the world is being a mommy, and a 9 month old is BUSY!!!  You're whole body could be stressed/tensed up without you even realizing it.  But try to focus on the reasons why you DON'T have a tumor and see if that helps.  Then try and do something to pamper yourself one afternoon--and see if that relieves your symptoms (even if its temporary--because tumors aren't temporary!)
Bookmark and Share