Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

Eating with dirty hands

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
Eating with dirty hands
« on: January 28, 2014, 11:32:30 AM »
Hello, my mom just got me a snack from store, chocolate bar with caramel filling. And obviously i had to somehow get rid of that packaging, so i put it of with my hands, as anybody would do, and then i ate it with my hands ( didnt realize its a chocolate bar and that it would melt, typical me ) and plus then i licked my fingers from the chocolate, and i didnt realize i touched the packaging of this, and many more things, and when i think think about how many people touch these things daily, ugh, how can i not catch any ilness from that, im such a dumb twat -_-
Bookmark and Share

Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
Re: Eating with dirty hands
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 01:35:01 PM »
You sound just like me... Well there's nothing you can do about that now. You do have an immune system, so I think you'll be ok. Don't obsess about it or you'll start to make yourself feel sick.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 01:37:05 PM »
HIV first comes to mind...   :bigsmile:

Relax, you are fine.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

Thoughtful
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 04:11:14 PM »
Hypo84: You have that incredible ability to make good fun of anything stupid im concerned about, thus making me realize how stupid i am :D thanks guys :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 04:32:25 PM »
Thanks.  :-* When I start using in to my own problems, I'm gonna become a Power Ranger.  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline AH1990

• Personal text
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 04:58:57 PM »
I used to do think that way. When I was eating a sandwich I'd eat around where my fingers were touching and I'd leave those little pieces on the plate. I did this until my entire family noticed and started bugging me about it. I guess embarrassment fixed my situation, but germaphobia is really not an embarrassing problem - a lot of people have it. Even google celebrities with the fear of germs; it will surprise you.

All I can really say is that I work at a hardware store - Home Depot. I get my hands dirty all the time, handle lumber, bags of cement, and numerous types of garden-related tools. I also eat with my hands all the time, often forgetting or being too lazy to wash them. While I do think this can increase your risk of catching a flu or cold, it is not harmful unless of course you're handling potassium cyanide or arsenic beforehand (I kid). Clearly any sort of poison or faecal matter should be washed off, but simple dirt is relatively harmless from my experience. Obviously use precaution - a good hand washing regimen is a solid step towards being healthy, but germs can attach to your hand through an almost infinite means, so aside from washing hands when you eat, your risk of catching some heinous or deadly virus really is slim.

Some of my clients come in with concrete-caked hands, or dirt-crusted fingers, and I see them picking their teeth, their nose, and eating things with their hands all the time. They're fine, so are you. :)
Bookmark and Share
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. - Thomas Edison

Offline stephtronic

• Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 06:14:43 PM »
If it was that easy and common to catch a terrible illness, none of us would make it past being toddlers.

The average life expectancy would be like 4 years old.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Sunlover

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 07:12:04 PM »
And I thought it was just me who was like that!    Not only that, I won't touch my face at all if out in public (or stick my finger in my ear - that's a real germ catcher...)  once after I came out of the bank, after fingering MONEY of all things,  I put my finger in my mouth to take out a little hair that was on my tongue. I started going nuts!  LOL!  (nothing happened though)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

Thoughtful
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 05:37:47 AM »
Trust me, we are not the only ones that do this :D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 08:06:37 AM »
Wow I never think like that luckily lol! What u need to remember is the human body is designed to fight off infections the likelihood of you getting ill from eating a choc bar without washing your hands is slim to none. You will be amazed for the human body can actually do!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

Thoughtful
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 08:12:52 AM »
sorry for bothering, but can someone answer my : bone cancer fears thread ? im so terrified !
Bookmark and Share