Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: hi, i'm new here  (Read 186 times)

Offline hiilikeyourbeard

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
hi, i'm new here
« on: January 28, 2014, 07:02:51 AM »
i have no where else to turn as of right now and i feel like it's all caving in on me, i don't know what to do. the pit in my stomach from this disease is killing me. i can't remove intrusive thoughts. i have no idea how. i obsess, all the time. i can't seem to relax, can't seem to find a way to breathe or live in the moment. i'm terrified
Bookmark and Share

Offline maren

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: hi, i'm new here
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 08:14:50 AM »
I remember feeling just like you for many years. I was able to get therapy and no longer have the intrusive thoughts. I was very sick with my OCD and was hospitalized several times and therapy worked for me. Have you seen someone to help you? It is worth it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 08:27:33 AM »
Sorry you're having such difficulties. You may want to consult with a therapist to help you perhaps with medication or talk therapy.

For now you might try to distract yourself with exercise, perhaps going to a gym and considering meditation. There are books on meditation in the library and you can get visuals on YT. Wishing you the best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MoJoThai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 11:31:54 AM »
Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time.  I try meditation.  It helps a lot when I panic.  It makes me clearer.  Right now I'm on ZOloft.  It helps me too. 

It will get better!  Just have faith in yourself!

Mojo

Bookmark and Share

Offline hiilikeyourbeard

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 05:05:09 AM »
hey guys, thanks for the replies and kind words. i was prescribed lexapro when i was 15 or so (i'm 26 now) and had a little therapy then but i never took it seriously or even really worked with him. that's the last therapy i had for ocd. i don't even know what kind of therapist would work with intrusive thoughts. i don't think lexapro is doing much though or ever did. are there any other good meds? i know some meds work for some people and some others but is there any meds that work for more people? thanks for the help
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything