Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Husband says im unstable  (Read 351 times)

Offline mhmommy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Husband says im unstable
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:11:37 PM »
So i've put my story in hypochondria. Basically I exposed myself for the first time, to 2 chest ct scans and a pet/ct
and a mammogram all in a matter of 6 months (no i don't have a death wish, i was scared, thought i was doing right thing)
the first scan was low dose and they found a lung nodule; its indeterminate and i freaked out.
Every doctor knew what id had. The problem is, the pet/ct was not the right test for me, i don't have cancer, and i was given
29 millisieverts of radiation!!! I've been sick since (august 2013) i have 3 children, 1 who has autism and is 14 years old.
my daughter is 5 and our middle son is 11. i've had symptoms of chostochondritis, nausea, all kinds of things and still feel sick.
i think it could be radiation. i wasn't like this before. i've tried zoloft, acupuncture, more bloodwork etc. my husband does not believe
me. i know i am not the same. i wish i was. my daughter will be 6 in september. my mother died of basically a ***** or call for
help gone wrong, and i was 7. im devastated i would put myself in harms way because i didn't do my research, told my dr i wanted to
make sure i didnt' have cancer and she gave me a test and a lot of radiation that causes cancer. i wouldn't have guessed that would happen.
i was at national jewish; the 2nd top pulmonary in united states. my husband is tired of it; wants me to get fixed, get a psychiatrist, drugs
and just fix it. he told me again tonite, when are you seeing shrink, you are not present, and you are mentally unstable.
i've beat myself up enough, please help.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Husband says im unstable
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 08:20:29 AM »
Am very sorry you are suffering this way but I'd say your husband means well, only wants you to get the help you deserve. People get series of radiation treatments for months to help them. So your fear is unfounded.

Please see a good psychiatrist to help you regain the all important confidence in yourself. Your children need you, your husband needs you and we are here for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mhmommy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Husband says im unstable
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 09:26:24 AM »
Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Tags: