Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Walking makes me feel bloated, nauseous, gassy, and anxious!  (Read 205 times)

Offline treadstone

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Walking makes me feel bloated, nauseous, gassy, and anxious!
« on: January 27, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »
I'm having a weird problem lately that won't go away!

Any amount of walking, outside of my home, makes me feel awful. It feels like my insides are seizing up, and I get this terrible pressure in my abdomen. It builds and builds the longer I walk. I force burps like every 5 seconds in an attempt to feel better but I feel like it doesn't work at all. Ignoring the urge to burp is extremely difficult, though. I also get nauseous and extremely anxious.   I keep getting this weird feeling something terrible will happen if I walk for too long, but I can't see what that could be.

I'm currently undergoing treatment for GERD and gastritis. I have a very nervous stomach, and I'm almost entirely certain it's the cause of this feeling, because I got checked out thoroughly less than two weeks ago. I just wish I knew how to keep this from happening. I'm currently trying to acclimate to the feeling by walking around outdoors, but I get overwhelmed easily and end up retreating back home after just a little while. I know anxiety is a big part of it because I feel a LOT better when I get back home. I can cope rather well with the feeling when I'm home, but away from home, these weird symptoms and the way they build up to feel worse and worse are just intolerable. If I sit down for a while instead of going home, the physical feelings go away for a bit, but I still have a lot of anxiety and I feel desperate to be back at home.

I am going to keep trying to be brave and expose myself to these feelings on purpose, but I thought I'd post here in case someone has any advice or has experienced something similar. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline qchapter

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Walking makes me feel bloated, nauseous, gassy, and anxious!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
I feel like this all the time while walking to and from work.  I have been checked out thoroughly so I'm confident it's just another anxiety symptom.

Kevin
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Walking makes me feel bloated, nauseous, gassy, and anxious!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 10:51:41 PM »
Sounds like anxiety. Also I sometimes get indigestion from exercise.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: