Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why do I auto think it's cancer?!  (Read 231 times)

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Why do I auto think it's cancer?!
« on: January 27, 2014, 09:59:09 AM »
Hi all, first of all I've not been on the forum for a while I've felt a lot better emotionally I seem to be getting my life back and have lots of things to look forward to so negative thoughts haven't got to me too bad. That's the good news the bad news is this morning I started feeling very panicky and trapped it's hard to explain. Now sorry for this slight tmi (especially for the men lol) let me explain what's going on I gave birth 18 months ago and down below hasn't been right since. I have what the nurse as described as skin tags not very pleasant but nothing serious. What I saw really freaked me out I've not self checked for a while and I've found two fleshy soft lumps symmetrical either side of my vagina. The fact they are pink and look normal ish I'm trying not to freak out I know deep down it's from child birth but the front of my mind is omg could this be some sort of tumor !!! I've been googling which again I haven't done for a while and just laid on sofa with my little boy playing feeling really helpless. I don't get why I just think it's cancer when it's more than likely just how I am. Any thoughtful responses would be a great help I need a boost ;(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why do I auto think it's cancer?!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 05:35:28 PM »
Anyone ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline shardeni

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 08:18:39 PM »
My children are grown so I am pretty distant from childbirth but I can totally relate to your cancer fears. .  Every single little ache and pain I have , I automatically think cancer first.  My mind goes straight there.  It's awful.  I have such a fear of it and on anxious days it is all I can think of .  I am not typical in that I don't run to the dr every time I have a symptom because I am too afraid of what I will hear. I hope that your fears are relieved a little when I tell you that skin tags on ones labia are pretty common.  I am a health care professional in an area of women's health and I see a lot of labia in the course of my work day and I can assure you it's pretty common.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gillt3

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 08:57:20 PM »
Hey I feel so much like you. You will not believe how many diseases and cases I have had. Also, my cases have started ever since I was 5. I can remember the first time my leg hurt, and wanting to go to the hospital thinking it was leukemia. Now at the age of five, you think to yourself, like how the heck did i even think of that at such a young age? It never stopped there in grade 5, break cancer, grade 6, htyroid cancer, grade 10 break cancer again, grade 11, bowel cancer, grade 12, brain tumour, grade 12 ovarian cancer, year 1, chrons, celiac, lactose intolerance, cystitis, ALS, IBD, ulceritis, stomach ulcer, UTI, PCOS, kidney disease/cancer, liver failure/cancer, duodenal cancer.... you just will not believe it if I told you. The only difference between me and everyone else i think is that I believe i have it so much to the point where I do not want to go to the doctors because i know what they will ssay to me. Everytime i have a problem my family comes with me, but they know that it will be nothing. It eats me alive, and there is nothing i can do about it. Right now i have an ultrasound tom, and im freaking out. I do not want to go to the ultrasound, and i just want to accept deefeat here. you're not alone, we're all in this together, gonna take it one step at a time.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: