Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help! Worried, conflicting information about ALS and twitching!  (Read 628 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help! Worried, conflicting information about ALS and twitching!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 06:39:04 PM »
All your trouble is from tense muscles in the neck and prob clenching your teeth/TMJ. Maybe misalignment like your bite may be off. To fix all your problems, you need to be proactive and do isometrics and stretching exercises. Also buy a night guard from your pharmacy and see if that improves the jaw pain. You also need to accept the health anxiety so you can move on and figure out ways to allow the thoughts to happen, accept them and then move on. Describe a typical day of yours. When do u wake? What and when do u eat? When do you go to bed? Do you sleep soundly? What meds do you take? How is your digestive system? How old are uou?  Are you on the computer a lot? How is your eyesight, do you strain, is your computer workspace set up appropriately? Are you overweight? So everything can be corrected ... I don't think doctors really tell people what to do to feel better. All they seem to do is be there to rule out serious issues like cancer or heart disease, so for the people in the irritable bowel, GERD, migraine, interstitial cystitis, fibromyalgia they get no help other than being prescribed meds to mask symptoms without getting to root cause and are shushed off on their way feeling frustrated, mad, and distrusting of their physicians. The answer to fix everything is stress reduction even if you don't feel stressed mentally. Physically your body is like woa, my autonomic nervous system is one hot mess so you need to fix it. Fix it with stress reduction and coping techniques
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 10:22:40 PM »
Stop googling.

Also if you MUST (ie you really arent able to stop yourself) google please DON'T post the results of what you've found on here.

I don't think you realise the unnecessary fear you could cause people who also have the same fear but are able to resist google.

The quote you posted by some supposed 'doctor' could give people months of the same fear you're trying to eradicate in yourself. So please be careful with what you post.

You don't have it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pyr

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 01:17:59 PM »
Very good point, G.  I should have been more sensitive to that.  Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

• A weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 05:27:58 PM »
its not ALS, i came through als fears not long ago. And as written above, if you have ALS, you just know, since its not possible function normally when you do
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

UPDATE, 4th May 2015: Still haven't thought of a funny caption.

Tags:

anything