Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My struggle with GAD and my 0.2 cents for us.  (Read 195 times)

Offline Yoko Littner

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My struggle with GAD and my 0.2 cents for us.
« on: January 27, 2014, 04:00:29 AM »
First off, my situation. I had drunk sex with a girl I know on two separate occasions. I've heard that she was with a guy that was said to have of had HIV.(maybe just haters. No evidence other then a couple of people) I asked her, she said his sister said he didn't. (Which I assume if she saw this as a real threat, she'd of let me know? Or I'd hear about it more.)

I of course freaked out. Its been 6 months since, and 6 months of suffering. Even now. I have no symptoms aside from what my GAD. So I assume I'm OK, haha.

As of a couple weeks ago, I've had a very minor case of a swollen throat. (Just like a small lump. No pain) and a VERY light white coating on back of tongue (unsure if its worse then normal. Maybe its my GAD blowing it out of proportion. So the last couple days I've tried to scrape it off. It comes off easily. No pain. But I used my finger nail and it bled slightly, thinking its cartheisis... So I was terrified.

And my capitate bones on my wrists have been hurting on and off for a month.going away. (May return. Unsure)

My reasoning is... If anything was really physically wrong with me... Wouldn't I REALLY know? No severe problems. No severe pains. No swelling. No rashes. No puking.

Just the typical GAD stuff..

I felt severe fatigue a couple days ago. (Scary) but I kept drinking water and having Vatamin D2, multivitamins and rest. Now its gone really.now I have the opposite problem. The usual (can't sleep so stay up all night routine)

My advice to all:
This is reality. Not a single shred of uncertainty exists here. Imagination is the mother of all terror. Its not current or past events that scare us. Its future events. The uncertainty that scares us. Simply don't imagine.

The answers we come up with are enough to fill any soul with terror.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My struggle with GAD and my 0.2 cents for us.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:54:48 AM »
Hi,

Is there any reason why you don't go and get tested for HIV? I don't know where you live, but here in Canada we can have it done anonymously . . . .you get a code and a telephone number, you get blood work taken, then you call the telephone number and punch in your code and you are told the results of the test and, if you want, referred to other resources . . . .

Just a thought . . . KC
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My struggle with GAD and my 0.2 cents for us.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:26:09 AM »
I agree with kconnors. If you're concerned, definitely get yourself tested.

Additionally, anxiety/panic is very stressful for the body. Stress suppresses your immune system. So you may find you get sick right before an exam, job interview, etc. The stress of this situation could certainly be the reason you've found yourself ill lately. And of course, this becomes a vicious cycle. You become worried about the sore throat, which causes more stress, which causes additional suppression of immune system.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: