Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: worried about my 5year old:-(  (Read 176 times)

Offline tymommy

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
worried about my 5year old:-(
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:22:09 AM »
I hadsevere stomach pains and had a feeling i may be pregnant.well, my test came out negative at er so they gave me a pelvic ctscan. I had a cyst on my ovary. Well i was alsovery early in a pregnancy. I was terrified when i found out.my sonwas born ok. But hes always had a bunch of palpable lymphnodes on his head and neck.the pediatrician keeps saying hes ok. Several other drs have seen them and all say they're squishy and move so they're ok. But I'm scared to death that my bubbas gonna have cancer because of that damn catscsn. Ugh i hate radiation.it just aggravates my anxiety so bad. .somebody help!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: worried about my 5year old:-(
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 06:23:29 AM »
My son had a palpable lymph node on his head. My friends son does too. I also had a ct scan when i was pregnant.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tymommy

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 09:55:33 PM »
Hi:-) thanks for the feedback :action-smiley-065:how old is your son? Mine has palpable lymphnodes all over his head and neck. The ones on his neck are bigger. My othet sons arent as big. They scare me to death.your child hasn't had any problems from the ctscan? I worry constantly
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:16:04 PM »
HI,

I am so sorry that you have to worry about that.  I do want to tell you though that I am an xray tech and have seen many studies on fetal risks.  While they say there is some risk...it is super super low. They have to say there is a risk because it is radiation after all, but honestly the amount of radiation a fetus gets from just the environment alone is more than what he would have gotten from the CT scan.  The other thing I wanted to say is that I have 2 children (3 and 1) and I was exposed to radiation from my job through both of my pregnancies.  I wore lead obviously, but I was still in it day in and day out.  They are just fine - as of now.  BUT, I work with people that have adult children and they have been xray tech their whole lives - through their pregnancies (when they weren't as strict with radiation as they are now) and their kids- now adults are fine too.  I understand the worry - I have health anxiety and every other anxiety problem you can think of lol - Also, a lot of kids have palpable lymph nodes - totally normal.  I hope I have helped - even just a little.  Take care :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 07:36:08 AM »
He just has one, a firm almost immobile node behind his ear. Three doctors and a surgeon have looked at it. He is two
Bookmark and Share

Tags: