Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Afraid to take Doxycycline  (Read 304 times)

Offline pklee1994

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Afraid to take Doxycycline
« on: January 26, 2014, 02:39:32 PM »
Hi, My name is Trisha and this is my first post here. I was prescribed doxycycline the antibiotic to take for my chlamydia infection. I know embarrassing. But I looked it up online (bad idea) and saw a lot of people saying they suffered from anxiety, and depression from it. Some even said people committed *****. I have had anxiety for a year now and I think I may be a hypochondriac. I know I need the medication to treat my infection but I'm afraid to have side effects. I've had antibiotics bad in 2010 for a staph infection and I had no side effects. I don't remember the name of the kind I took before but I'm really on edge about taking this. I've been procrastinating for 2 days. Any help? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Afraid to take Doxycycline
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 06:47:27 PM »
I've taken Doxycycline without any issues a couple of times before. You have to understand that when you Google these things not everything you read will be true, and you're not going to come across the good reviews of anything because there are so many that it's not significant.

Now, everyone reacts to meds differently, BUT since you said that you were on antibiotics before and had no side effects, I'd imagine that you won't have any issues. The side effects of leaving chlamydia untreated are worse than those of taking the antibiotic.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.