Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Chamomile  (Read 193 times)

Offline alex10234

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Chamomile
« on: January 26, 2014, 08:20:54 AM »
Hi;
I'd just like to report the success I've had with Chamomile tea.
I've been a pretty hard core anxiety sufferer since 2009 (I won't bore you with the details), but nonetheless, I thought I would give up caffeine entirely and try chamomile.
Well, the results have been remarkable. I now consider myself cured (since I have had no anxious moments since New Year). Though this might not sound significant, I used to have a whole gamut of symptoms on a daily basis- now I have none!
Where everything else has failed (CBT, Valium etc.) this has worked. I had some success too with Magnesium, but it was too harsh on my kidneys.
Additionally I would add that my day-to-day stress has been consistent- since the new year I have moved home, had a new job and had a health scare, but the chamomile has a very calming effect on my mind/body which has allowed me to breeze through my troubles. I would also add that it has helped me with my blood pressure which is down from 150+/ 90 to 110/ 70.

Takes about a week to get used to the taste but I wouldn't go back to coffee and regular tea now. Chamomile is the answer. It doesn't work for everyone from what I have read, but if it even works for one or two of us then its going to make a difference in someone's life.

give it a try, you've nothing to lose.

Alex
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chamomile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 12:13:04 PM »
Hi Alex...

So great to see your post this morning, as I have been thinking for several weeks now, that I wanted to try a "calming tea".  I have been a coffee drinker for several decades, but with my most recent incident of anxiety/panic attacks/depression, my body and even my mind has lost all desire for coffee (Ya think my mind and body are telling me something?). :speechless-smiley-004: I plan on doing some grocery shopping in the next day or two, and will pick-up a box.

Is there any particular time of the day that you drink it?  How many cups do you drink a day?  And lastly, what is your brewing technique?

I look forward to your responses to my questions...

Thanks Alex!  The very best to you!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chamomile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:48:58 PM »
Alex, so nice to hear of your success!! I'm also a fellow chamomile tea drinker!  I have two cups of hot chamomile tea in the morning and usually another one in the evening.  I also completely stopped drinking coffee or caffeinated beverages over a year ago and I think that helps as well. 

Chuck, you must try it!!  It's great stuff once you get used to the taste!  I buy the "Stash" brand myself.  If you really want a treat, go to starbucks and buy a box of their Tazo chamomile tea! 
Bookmark and Share