Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My stomach is tense  (Read 145 times)

Offline mapatyal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My stomach is tense
« on: January 25, 2014, 11:10:01 PM »
My stomach is tense and I can not seem to relax any part of my body. At times well most of the day I move when I don't want to or my hands shake. What is going on with me this can't be normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My stomach is tense
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 07:49:00 AM »
Hi,

This is not unusual, at least not for me . . . my doctor explained the brain-gut relationship and the impact that anxiety has on it . . . this, in my case, is called irritable bowel syndrome . . . . because of the interconnection between brain and gut, folks with anxiety often have physical manifestations in the intestinal tract (or the stomach) , , , , although I continue to learn about my triggers as a means to manage my anxiety and thereby manage the feelings you describe, it is a process and the first step is to manage the anxiety . . . you ask if it is normal this feeling . . . it is not normal in the sense that you need to live with it because managing anxiety will lessen and even eliminate the reaction but, for folks with anxiety, again, it is definitely not unusual . . .

You probably need to figure out, either by yourself or with a counselor, the triggers for the anxiety, some management strategies (diet, exercise, mindfulness, etc.) and, if necessary, there are meds that you can use to decrease the physical symptoms . . .but for long term managed care, you need to manage the anxiety and to do that the triggers and, yes, by the way, my hands would shake also because of this . . . .let us know how you are doing . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline mapatyal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My stomach is tense
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 12:21:30 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I know that I can't prevent my triggers and can't see a counsler. My doctor and dentist have me on an antidepressant to help with my clenching. It hasn't helped there but has in lots of other ways   I wouldn't want to go without it at this point.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: