Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: afraid to exercise/heart worries  (Read 225 times)

Offline RCB127

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
afraid to exercise/heart worries
« on: January 25, 2014, 07:09:44 PM »
Ok so I have just recently gotten over a fear about my heart. I was having so much pains and I was freaking myself out. I went to the doctor they did an EKG and it was fine and they said it was just muscle spasms. Then they would not go away so I ended up going to the hospital and they did blood tests, EKG and a chest x-ray and everything was perfect. So now I'm ok the chest pains went away almost immediately after I went to the hospital I guess I just needed to hear that I was fine and that the pain was just in my head. But I am still not 100% convinced I am like scared to exercise at all because I'm worried I am just going to drop dead and I am 23 great blood pressure and cholesterol good resting heart rate all that stuff but I am so freaked out to do any sort of exercise and I want to because I could stand to lose a few I am by no means obese but I would like to get in good shape. It seems like I get super winded when I start to exercise and get crampy kind of feels like chest pains. I am super out of shape though like haven't been active in forever I use to be very active so I'm not sure if that's why I feel those feelings. Does anyone else have this fear or am I just being ridiculous.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Braveheart

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: afraid to exercise/heart worries
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 09:49:17 PM »
Hi, this is my first post and I'm delighted it's on something I worry about most.

First off, last march, out of the blue, I was sitting at my computer screen when all of a sudden I got this intense feeling through my body which sent my heart racing etc etc. I soldiered on a few days wondering what the hell had/was happening to me until enough was enough. One night I lay awake with this horrible surges rushing through my body, convinced I was about to drop dead whilst my partner snored blissfully next to me. Before I knew it the alarm was going off to get up for work, I never said anything to my girlfriend about my all nighter due to being terrified. Anyway, that day I felt on edge, heart rate wouldn't slow down, I was a wreck. I finally built up the courage to call an ambulance. On their arrival I suddenly started to feel better. They hooked me up to the ECG machine and it was fine, the took my BP and sugar levels which were fine etc... They then whisked me off to the hospital so the docs could have a proper look at me. Arrived at the hospital and the hooked me up to the heart machine again, took bloods and also a chest exray, all of which came back normal and ubwas told my thyroid, liver, kidneys, hearts and lungs were all clear. My heart rate was still high, so they pumped fluids in to me and the heart rate came down. That scare put me into a 'get fit' mode. My cousin, who is a fire fighter, put me through my paces with some strenuous exercises - up and down huge flights of stairs, squats etc etc. I also joined a swimming baths and swam a mile a day. During all this exercise I noticed that all those feelings I had been feelling had not been anywhere near as bad. Now, however, I have really started to slack on the exercise and I start yo feel crap again. I get heart palpitations (which I've had for ages), I get a sore chest, although I think that's muscular because it is sore to the touch. I've been trying to tell myself that, if there was anything wrong with my heart, it would've shown up at the hospital almost a year ago, and if there was something wrong with my heart, I would've probably dropped dead during all that exercise I was put through.

I know it can be hard to get your head around things, as I'm currently experiencing, however, if you've had tests done and everything is fine, don't be scared to get fit.

:winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: