Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: weird head sensation  (Read 349 times)

Offline perc19

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
weird head sensation
« on: January 25, 2014, 05:10:07 PM »
Just wondering if anyone can help me - I keep getting this symptom in my head that feels like a wave of sand or water rushing over or in my head, its a buzzy, fuzzy feeling than can make me feel nauseous or dizzy.

Sometimes happens when I'm standing up, but can also happen when I'm sitting or laying down too - very weird unsettling feeling.

Please help
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: weird head sensation
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:38:54 PM »
I think you are describing one of my very first anxiety symptoms!  Is it similar to feeling like you might be in a boat for a short bit?  I always felt like it was just a quick wave that came over me.  If this is what you are feeling, chalk it up to anxiety!!  It's wicked isn't it!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sailormoonjf

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:39:18 PM »
I get this quite often (especially when I am driving).  Whenever I feel the most stressed out I feel like my head "feels funny," and then I typically obsess over it until I go into a full blown panic attack.  Then after the panic attack it can take up to hours to days for me to feel "normal" again.  I try to avoid these feelings by writing, drawing and listening to music.  It helps if there's a distraction. 

I hope you feel better and can get some comfort from this!
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »
Many thanks for your replys on this, I hope it is the same sensation - it really is scary and unsettling.

I have woken up this morning feeling sick and lightheaded for most of the day now - not sure what it is.

If I did have a brain tumour would I have nausea and dizziness together ot would they each happen separately - I still can't get the thought out of my mind that something is wrong, fed up of it, I am getting really really down about it and wish the doctors would push me for a test, maybe its because I have seen different doctors!!??

Beta blockers were working, now seemed to have stopped - so is it a brain tumour????

So fed up and scared of being scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 03:26:44 PM »
It would be my guess that you do not have a brain tumor....you said you've seen different doctors?  I'm certain that if any of them suspected something serious, they would have asked you to have some tests done.  I'd give your doctor a call and get his opinion about feeling sick and light headed, but based on what you've said, I bet it's just the nasty anxiety.  Are you on meds or going to any sort of therapy?
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxietyfree1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 04:41:21 PM »
I had one of those yesterday and called my doctor afraid it was a tia (64 with high blood pressure) and suffer and have suffered my whole life from anxiety/panic and really am tired of it and ready to just go on a heavy duty drug to make it stop and feel calm and at peace.  I suffer from health anxiety mostly.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  I take Xanax at night to sleep but hate taking DRUGS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 05:59:45 PM »
So was it a tia??????

So pleased I'm not alone!!!! Hopefully they will pass for us soon, as I can't cope with it

Bookmark and Share

Offline anxietyfree1

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 06:20:17 PM »
I have a doctor appointment tomorrow.  He said he really didn't think so and could have been from a number of things.  My brother had a stroke and my dad died of stroke so of course I am super hypervigiliant with any heart stuff.  I wish I could break out of this pattern, I am about ready to go back on meds.  Thanks for asking about the TIA.
Bookmark and Share

Offline alesha

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 06:51:02 PM »
I have similar feelings. Sometimes it last for days. I have been having panic attacks lately and anxiety almost everyday. Its very unsettling but I have been telling myself its anxiety and it will pass. I sometimes try to ignore it and go along as if its not even there. Sometimes thathhelps. Some days better then others. Hang in there. I wish you the best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 11:02:45 AM »
I was fairly calm and relaxed today, at work I was sitting in office when I had this sudden rush feeling to my head, not a nice feeling at all - really scares me - I am just so worried that something is going on - has anyone else had this feeling? It really isn't a pleasant one for me to experience at all.

Seeing doctor thursday, but wanted to see if anyone else experiences them? She put me on beta blockers last week to ease anxiety symptoms, but I'm not sure if they have been working as I am still geting this rush of something in my head. Its horrible, sometimes nausea and dizziness follow.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: