Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Discomfort in throat/chest feels like something is in there  (Read 274 times)

Offline PinsNneedles

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Discomfort in throat/chest feels like something is in there
« on: January 25, 2014, 05:00:20 PM »
I have this feeling in my throat/upper chest area where it feels like something is just sitting in there moving up and down as I swallow. It makes me feel a little nauseous and I am now starting to worry about it, could it be linked to acid reflux? I don't seem to have heartburn just this feeling as if someone is gently squeezing my windpipe and almost causing a blockage but not quite. Help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Discomfort in throat/chest feels like something is in there
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »
sounds like anxiety.....you tense up and therefore feel something there....and the more you think about it the more you notice it I have done it soooo many times and yet it still freaks me out ...crazy right......it cld be reflux  which is not too serious but most probably anxiety and stress
Bookmark and Share

Offline PinsNneedles

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 11:49:08 AM »
Been happening for a week now, have been given a drug beginning with 'O' which is to treat acid reflux but no let up yet. Feels horrid and it's tiring me out. Just managed to get rid of the chest wheeze and the worry associated with that and now I have this. Getting so so tired of it, oh to be healthy for a week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rapzjan

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 01:56:38 PM »
Hi there I have a similar feeling...like a lump in the throat which I keep swallowing down but never goes...but what I have noticed is when I am distracted that feeling is not there....the moment I think abt it...it's bk.
Bookmark and Share

Offline notsocalm

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 05:36:24 PM »
The lump in the throat sensation is typically caused by reflux, a classic anxiety symptom. Pinsnneedles they like put you on omeprazole which is a proton pump inhibitor. If you don't like that one there are several you can try, including milder over the counter alternatives like zantac or pepcid. They could take a while to reduce that lump feeling but it should fade away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 06:45:45 PM »
Does it feel like a lump is rising?   I had that and got myself SO upset over it (2002) that I lost 25 pounds in 1 month because I was afraid to eat, I thought it was a ball of puke rising although I didn't feel nauseous, it just felt "gaggy" (and I was 137 pounds and dropped to 111, I'm 5'6")  I was given an acid reducer but since that really wasn't the problem I ended up getting indigestion because it was taking too much acid out of my stomach (and you need acid to digest your food) - Mine went away when I got Xanax!  If THAT is the feeling, it's anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: