Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Middle aged woman new to anxiety zone  (Read 123 times)

Offline Gayandgray

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Middle aged woman new to anxiety zone
« on: January 25, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »
 :action-smiley-065: Salutations! I'm a middle aged lesbian in a commited relationship over 20yrs. In my younger yrs I dealt with depression but never this stress and anxiety I'm experiencing now. I haven't even really been down in the dumps or nothing for like 5-6 yrs. everything was fine in my life, I celebrated turning 40 laying on the beach and thought how good life was going. Good job, had finally lost my weight, happy relationship, etc. Then about 3 yrs ago life thru us a curve ball and I was under an extreme amount of stress for a little over 2yrs straight. For the past 6 months I have tried to relax and de-stress and I thought it was working but here lately I'm having major anxiety! Come close to having all out panic attack several times which terrified me. I have no insurance, (I know, what middle aged person has no health insurance??) but will get some beginning of summer so I can't get to a doc till then. I'm not sure if I'm having GAD? Or could it just be peri menopause? Midlife crisis? Anybody my age who can relate? :action-smiley-065:  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Middle aged woman new to anxiety zone
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:35:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Floraison

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 01:06:29 PM »
Hey gay and grey. 

I registered for this site today.  I can totally relate to so much of your post.  I also am a middle aged lesbian, my partner and I are just about to celebrate 20 years this summer.  I have a herstory ( :yes:) of depression, but my anxiety is N E W ( a few years) I have a therapist, a psych a wife and a dog and a cat.  But still… I also have this anxiety.  Luckily for me, my anxiety manifests in the form of vocal and physical tics and it… well, it sucks.  lol.  Cause I'm a teacher - and sometimes it sneaks out in the middle of class.  Lordy.

Anyway…great to meet another gay and grey on here.  I was worried there wouldn't be any oldsters.

Let's stay in touch…

Peace -
Floraison
Bookmark and Share

Offline zaft

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 02:22:22 PM »
Your story sounds like mine. I'm 37, and had been fine for 10 years on Paxil for depression and mild anxiety. Then I got a new job 2 1/2 years ago that promised insurance than refused to offer it. While self-insured, my wife had major back surgery in the midst of moving houses and was out of commission for two months while the medical bills piled up. My job gets progressively worse, restrictive and stressful every day. This fall I started getting daily headaches and my therapist recommended switching to Celexa. As I weaned off the Paxil, my anxiety skyrocketed and I started having panic attacks for the first time. I feel like my new generalized anxiety disorder (and health anxiety) has come out of nowhere but I can see the stress I've been under for so long had reached its breaking point.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gayandgray

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 06:00:27 PM »
 :happy0151: Thanks everyone for ur responses! Good to know I'm not alone in this.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: