Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Alkaline Phosphotase high--scared  (Read 148 times)

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
Alkaline Phosphotase high--scared
« on: January 25, 2014, 01:59:46 PM »
I had to go to the ER yesterday, (yes real issue, no imagined) due to severe lower abdominal pain.  Turns out my fibroid has grown and had caused me all this issue. 

THat isn't what I 'm writing about.  I have been monitoring my liver enzymes for a while now.  about 2 years ago they were slightly elevated (the ALP) and the rest were normal.  My doctor said nothing to worry about.  Well, I had blood drawn in December and the ALP is almost twice what it was about two years ago.  Doc wants ultrasound, etc and me to lose some weight, fine. 

At the ER yesterday, though, they took blood and said that the ALP is even higher than it was first of december and my other liver levels are up too.

Ok, my doc wouldn't be doing the US unless I had mentoned something.  Honestly, don't you think this is serious?  I'm thinking of getting a new doctor, to be honest.

The ER tech said that they usually don't get worried unless levels are 3 times normal.  Well my ALP IS three times normal.  She even decided not to do US, mainly because I am getting one in March. 

I'm kind of worried about this and really hope I'm not just being patted on the head and being told there, there, when I actually have a legit issue.

ALP can be a sign of cancer too, but my WBC was normal.  (lymphoma)  thing is, I think its my liver, not cancer elsewhere.  I'm worried my liver is damaged or being damaged and nobody cares.  My mother had PBC, but not bad, but hers we always thought was from other medical issues.
Can it be hereditary?
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
Re: Alkaline Phosphotase high--scared
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 08:22:07 PM »
bumping this.