Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blood Pressure Monitor  (Read 266 times)

Offline tamig41

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Blood Pressure Monitor
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:29:20 PM »
I am having to wear a bloodpressure monitor foir 24 hours!  So I beep every 20 minutes.  The reason for this is because each time I go to the doctor my bloodpressure soars because of the anxiety I suffer.  So, my doctor is wanting to monitor my bloodpressure for 24 hours to see if in fact it is "White Coat Syndrome"....the only thing is that I am still anxious that this monitor is on my arm.  I hope that the reading is normal especially during sleep.  Has anyone had their bloodpressure high expecially going to see the doctor.  That is one of my main problems with the health anxiety is that I hate going to the doctor!  Even when I am out shopping and I see some one in scrubs it tends to make my anxiety peek it ugly head!  And has anyone had to wear this lovel thing?!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood Pressure Monitor
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 12:43:36 PM »
YES!!!  I have a home blood pressure monitor which is really good and accurate.  I have good numbers when I take it, however about 2 or 3 weeks before I am supposed to take my DOT physical (for my commercial drivers license) I start getting numbers in the 150's over 90's!  I may FEEL calm, but I guess I'm not!

Then to tell you about my friend.  She was getting numbers in the 180's over 110's because she is so terrified of high blood pressure (and these were numbers on her home monitor!)   She had gotten some kind of bladder test where they put her "out" and her blood pressure was monitored (it was NORMAL all during the procedure!)  So  my point is, you probably are doing good in your sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tamig41

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 01:27:11 PM »
Thanks!  I think I will go shopping since that is my happy plac! :laugh3:  I get take this thing off at 5:30 and it will be a pleasure to do so!  Thanks for your reponse I love this forum for the support!  Have a great day!

Bookmark and Share

Offline Copgrl8

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 04:25:45 AM »
YES!!!!!  I have white coat every time I go to the doctor and it is rather normal
My doctor still takes my bp when I'm there and 9 times outta 10 it's high
So my doctor always has me take it at home before my visit and give him those numbers. 
So YES it's totally normal
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 07:53:10 AM »
Many people suffer from white coat syndrome. I am sure your BP will be normal.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: