Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Question for people with IBS  (Read 237 times)

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question for people with IBS
« on: January 25, 2014, 09:09:33 AM »
In October, I got sick at work, threw up and had bad diarrhea. I went home, stayed on liquids for a while and ate some rice. I was fine the next day and assumed I had mild food poisoning. A week later I got a pain in my lower left side. First I thought It was ovulation pain but it wouldn't go away and it made my HA worse. I finally went to urgent care and the doctor thought I was constipated. I took some psyllium husk and miralax and the pain faded. It came back but not as bad. I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy about 1 year and a half ago. The colonoscopy was clean and the endoscopy showed gastritis. The doctor diagnosed me with IBS and GERD.

I went back to my stomach doctor in December because I don't like pain that won't go away. He gave me a script to do a CT scan and to test my stool. I decided to wait until after the holidays to get them, then I put them off again because I was going to Colorado (I'm a queen of procrastination). Right before going on my trip, the pain came back. I started to suspect diverticulosis. I had an anxiety attack that lasted two weeks, that is still lingering now. (I got sick on several vacations in the last two years so I have a "sick on vacation" trigger) mixed in was the fact my soon to be ex-therapist triggered it by saying I don't want to have diverticulitis on a plane.

Previously my IBS was stomach cramps, diarrhea, then the cramps would go away. This is a lingering pain on my lower left side. It's worse after a bout of bad diarrhea or if I don't go at all.

My rational mind says the food poisoning worsened the IBS, the irrational mind says cancer, diverticulosis (or diverticulitis).

Anyone else have this symptom of IBS?

I'm doing the stool test Monday but I'm nervous about the CT scan. (Medical tests also give me anxiety.) 

Bookmark and Share

Offline tamig41

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question for people with IBS
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 01:31:45 PM »
Hi Laura 71,

I have IBS and my sypmtomas come and go.  I decided to track my symptoms down and it seem that they come about two weeks before I am to start my menstural cycle.  I do think of course anxiety brings on the IBS and I also think that PMS can bring it on to.  Also what I eat and I do have pain alos but it does subside.  I think IBS is jut part of the anxiety symptoms.....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: IBS