Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about dvt  (Read 323 times)

Offline Mel2674

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried about dvt
« on: January 25, 2014, 05:44:37 AM »
I'm worried about dvt because I am having this leg pain that is my calf and goes up my thigh. It's not a shooting pain, but one I can't really describe. I have had this pain before as it comes and goes for months but tonight I am especially scared because of course google got to me  :( and then of course I'm feeling chest pains which make me more scared but it's probably anxiety right? I just had a panic attack like five minutes ago. My foot is really cold as well, just the foot on the hurting leg. By the way I'm fairly young, under 20, but yes I was on a long flight, very long in September, I don't know if that does anything for this case but whatever. Any advice? Anyone with stories about dvt? It's 6am and I've been up all night debating whether I should go to the ER or not. ( but then again my mom would tell me I'm just being my crazy self and turn around in bed :P)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mel2674

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about dvt
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:07:20 AM »
Please help, anyone, anything, I'm literally freaking out. And now I have a dry mouth and I'm pretty sure it's from freaking out but who knows...
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 10:00:39 AM »
I understand what you are going through....is there any redness, hot to the touch, etc? I've had pains for 1 months and went to the ER twice in December. 2 negative d dimers still pain but I think it's anxiety and depression...

All of that to say, if there is redness and risk factors, do what you think is best
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrsbell

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 10:02:48 AM »
Try to relax! I'm dealing with the same thing right now. And I had an ultrasound a month ago. If you get an ultrasound and it's negative (which I'm sure it would be), would it make you feel better?

Have you tried any relaxation techniques? Hot bath, taking a walk, etc?
Bookmark and Share

Offline rachelalix

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »
I'm exactly the same I'm 23 and constantly worry i have dvt i get stages when my leg feels dead and my foot goes cold. I've been diagnosed with anxiety had numerous blood tests for clotting always came back fine but I'm still convinced I've got 1 going to hospital does make you feel better but the feeling always comes back or your convinced they've missed something. Hope u feel better soon
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 07:25:44 PM »
I have had a DVT in my leg. My leg was very warm to the touch. My leg was red and it was swollen. I had a hard time finding a shoe to fit my foot into. I could hardly move my leg.
I do not want to say what you have is not a DVT because everyone is different. I get pain now and again and I get concerned. It is usually just trigger point pain that is referred from other areas of the body.
If you are worried perhaps seeing someone to have a doppler done is best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 08:06:27 PM »
So Im crazy with this whole DVT stuff, I went to the store and brought a tape measure. My right calf is about 1.5 CM larger than my left.....Normal?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 08:31:25 PM »
I also have massive dvt fears, so I completely understand what you are going through. I don't think that your measurement is too concerning though, people tend to favor one leg which can make the muscle stronger and make the leg look slightly bigger. Plus no one is perfectly symmetrical so its not unusual to have two slightly different sized anything! Hope this helps you. :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mjennings

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 09:45:58 PM »
I know exactly what you're going through. I go through two weeks of focusing on one issue and then after this two weeks and move onto another issue. Recently I've been worried about having an aneurysm. However one month ago I was completely convinced that I had DVT. Despite the fact that I had recently been working on my feet all day for that month and my legs were sore, I was able to convince myself that it was DVT. Just remember that if it was DVT there would be obvious symptoms. It would be experiencing swelling near the area that hurts and heat coming off that. You also would have little feeling around that particular area. I know for people like us with health anxiety that web M.D. can be an enemy. However I invite you to look over the statistics of how many people in the United States who are your age actually suffer from DVT. My looked it up for my age that I had less than a 1% chance of developing DVT. I know it's a lot easier said than done but you have to start to convince yourself that you are not going to be the anomaly. I spent months of my life worrying about having a sudden death as a result of a very rare condition. Do not let your health anxiety rob you of your life. It is taking me a lot of training but I feel that I have finally starting to conquer it. Just remember, but there are others who think the exact same way that you have. Also remember that those people are still here. I recently met a woman who is 85 years old and suffered from this disorder since she was 17. She has gone through all the emotions that we have been talking about on this forum. She is had the constant fear of dying from a sudden death for many years but she is still here. I hope that you find some consolation in my words. Good luck and stay strong
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 06:37:23 AM »
My main question for people with DVT fears is this...how long did you have leg pain? My leg pain isn't horrible but uncomfortable....in both legs I've felt burning, stinging and a pulling in my calves for almost 2 months. I didn't know anxiety caused leg pain....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 08:53:12 AM »
About two months. And I've convinced myself that I have a pulmonary embolism so I'm feeling some soreness in one side of my chest too! Anxiety is a funny thing...
Bookmark and Share

Offline dustin

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 09:47:30 AM »
Literally 10 minutes ago, I just walked in from the Dr. for this very cause. I had blood tests, and the works. I was miserable (check my posts, you will see mine in there about your issue exactly). I have no blood clot. I have nothing to worry about. You have nerves that shoot messages to your muscles when under stress, and that is all it is. Please don't end up like me. I was googling and spending hours on forums of survivors, which led to my trip. I will have a huge bill due to my own worries, but I will live with that. While I was getting my ultrasound, the tech said she dislikes HA patients as they worry so much, they cause their own symptoms and are too blind to see it. She then said that there are women who develop all of the symptoms of pregnant women, even bloating, due to their thought that they are pregnant alone. The brain is a powerful thing, and if I can do it, you can do it friend.

The pulling, the stinging, the uncomfortable feelings. I was there an hour ago, now I am not even thinking about it (though I am tired!). You are fine my friend, and I feel like dancing when I say I will be too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 11:00:42 PM »
My mom suggested that I have a magnesium deficiency....I looked up the  symptoms and they sound a lot like what I have been going through. Can a lot of our DVT fears be a magnesium deficiency?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: