Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: After seeing a surgeon...  (Read 168 times)

Offline undertakerfreak1127

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
After seeing a surgeon...
« on: January 25, 2014, 04:22:23 AM »
it's been determined that the node in my neck isn't worrisome enough to warrant him putting me through a very risky biopsy surgery.

The visit to this surgeon was supposed to put my mind at ease, so why do I still fear that I have cancer? What the hell is this affliction? I've been told by at least five doctors that in their opinion I don't have cancer, BUT the only evidence any of them have is blood work and their own fingers. No imaging whatsoever, save for a chest X-ray.

When will I ever be satisfied?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mel2674

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: After seeing a surgeon...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 05:46:14 AM »
You could ask for further tests, right? Just to put your mind at ease. But you should  trust your doctor, I'm sure it's nothing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: After seeing a surgeon...
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 06:10:02 AM »
That the doctors don't even feel that your node warrants a scan is a great sign.

I know what you mean though. You think 'how can they be certain. I know I would just feel better if they ran the scan and I knew for certain it was nothing.'

But doctors only run scans if their initial assessment shows up something that could be abnormal. That you've seen that many doctors and all are unconcerned tells me that you have nothing to worry about.

They know what they're looking for and have a moral and professional obligation to ensure you are well. If there was any doubt. ANY at ALL in their minds that it was something to worry about they would have sent you for tests.

Think about it. It's not like it costs the doctors anything and they don't have to take the test or do the scan themselves so there's no reason for them not to order one if they genuinely believe someone needs it.

:)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: