Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Lower back pain after hit on brake  (Read 67 times)

Offline sotiredofanxiety

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lower back pain after hit on brake
« on: January 24, 2014, 10:14:39 PM »
Hello, I'm new to this site, sorry to just join and post symptoms but I've been worried about this so here is the story. Yesterday afternoon on the way home, one of the lovely drivers in town didn't give a turn signal.  We were going about 30-40 mph maybe even slower (probably slower), when the guy in front of us just turns into his drive way. This resulted in the brake being hit on hard kind of thrusting us forward some. Well after I was thrust forward the center of my lower back ached some, over an hour or two it would go away and come back only if I bent my lower back a lot or bent in far. Today I made the awful mistake of googling lower back pain. Apparently in the internet medical world there is no such thing as a simple sprain or bruise, it could be "something severe". As someone with HA my mind is going "Yup, it's severe you might be paralysed, or have to be hospitalized or etc.". It only really aches not even that bad of pain, and it only happens when I bend over for a few minutes or frequently in a short period of time. I don't know. I need help rationalizing and going to the doctor isn't cheap. Any help greatly thankful for.
Bookmark and Share
Get a hobby. Why? How much do you think about anything else besides your hobby when you're doing it.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lower back pain after hit on brake
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:41:14 AM »
Well you are not paralysed. Don't believe everything you read on the net. Give it a day or three. See how it feels comes monday. If it is still sore consult a doctor. It could be a muscle. Don't mind what you read. Hard blow to the back. It happens. Just give it a few days. See how you feel. If still off visit the doctor just to make sure.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:59:07 AM »
Alternate heat and ice (no more than 20 minutes) and walk a lot. You sound like you pulled a muscle. I've three times put my back out horribly but always recovered. You might want to go to a chiropractor if it doesn't go away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sotiredofanxiety

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 12:40:24 PM »
Thanks guys, I keep flipping over this when it's probably just a pulled muscle or something of that nature. After reading a bit I found out lower back pains are a common problem. A lot of people deal with it, and turn out perfectly fine. I'll probably be a little worried for a few more days but your posts helped me take some of the worry away.
Bookmark and Share
Get a hobby. Why? How much do you think about anything else besides your hobby when you're doing it.