Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Being tested for preeclampsia...  (Read 189 times)

Offline Brooke2288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Being tested for preeclampsia...
« on: January 24, 2014, 08:18:53 PM »
I usually post on here about my lymphoma fears. I'm 27 weeks pregnant with twins and the past couple of days I have been very dizzy, bad headaches, abdominal pain, itching, swelling, and nauseous. Of course I thought it was lymphoma, which I'm still not convinced it's not, so I went to my OB doctor to get it checked out today. My blood pressure was pretty high and between the high blood pressure, the swelling, dizziness and headaches, my doctor wants to test me for preeclampsia. It is more common in a twin pregnancy. I have to do a 24 hour urinalysis starting Sunday and I go back Monday to figure out what's going on. I also had a CBC done, which always makes me nervous considering my lymphoma fear. I worry about preeclampsia because I know it can cause preterm births. Being pregnant with twins, I have already been told that they want me to at least get to 36 weeks, so they are already going to be early. I just worry about having to deliver sooner. I'm only 27 weeks so I hope my twin girls can stay in longer  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
Re: Being tested for preeclampsia...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:41:28 PM »
My sister had Preclampsia and everything turned out okay.
She just had to be laying down most of the time during her last month and a half or so.
Don't worry. Just remember to listen to the doctors...they've dealt with this before, you haven't.
They know what you need to do  :yes:

Stay calm and relax....you'll be fine  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 08:51:01 PM »
I had pre-e. Christina is right- IF it ends up that you do have it, do everything the medical professionals tell you. Again, IF you have it, it's wonderful that you found out early so you can be under your Dr's scrutiny. The cases where they find out after it progresses are the dangerous ones.
Stay positive!
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline Brooke2288

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 10:53:40 AM »
So I go back to the doctor today after doing a 24 hour urine sample at home. My blood work should be in so I will see what he has to say about that. I'm hoping for the best but I'm almost positive I have preeclampsia. Yesterday my vision started to get a little fuzzy and it was hard to focus on things. This morning I woke up with floaters in front of my eyes. Those are pretty common signs of pre-e. I've also had bad headaches, and I keep gaining weight even though I've had no appetite because of how nauseous I've been. The swelling is getting really bad...I wake up in the mornings and I can barely walk because my feet are swollen and in so much pain and I can barely bend my fingers because of how swollen they are. Just hoping that if it is pre-e that my twin girls can stay put as long as possible...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: