Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: convinced i have brain tumour, doc wont test  (Read 1443 times)

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: convinced i have brain tumour, doc wont test
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 05:03:05 PM »
Seems like some of this could be sinus related with that pressure on the nose, or it could be an ear issue which causes a lot of dizziness from what I understand, you can have sinus issues with out feeling stuffy also.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »
the nose pressure isn't constant though and it comes+goes. It started with a feeling of pressure (like glasses on the bridge of my nose) and seems to have gotten further down my nose as the weeks have gone on. This has gone on for so long now that surely if it was sinus related it would have cleared up. The doctor checked my ears and said they were fine and clear. I never feel stuffy i just get the feeling of pressure on my nose and sometimes hear a clicking in my nose when i'm relaxing. I have no idea what's going on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2014, 05:32:25 PM »
I would do as the doctor said and keep an eye on it - go back when he said etc.

There are a lot of SSRIs available and it may just be that after the initial teething period you and your doctor will decide this one is not for you and try another.

It may take a while for the side effects to settle down but definitely keep your doctor informed. Having side effects that are worse than the symptoms is a little counter productive.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 05:51:08 PM »
it's just awful. walking around today i feel so out of it and faint. my head is killing with hot dots and pains all over and even now my calf and thigh is twitching like crazy and my left eye is tingling. can anxiety really do all this. i initially started on citalopram but had a really bad reaction to it with no appetite, sickness, the runs, burning head, prickling sensations etc. Prozac is doing nothing but give me a bad head at the minute, i'm hoping the Prozac is to blame for the headache anyway
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014, 07:48:48 PM »
can anxiety really do all this.

Absolutely. I suggest you read this post:

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,73134.0.html

Anxiety can manifest in so many different ways.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014, 08:12:16 PM »
You are fine and probably dehydrated or letting your sugar levels get too low. You go to the gym a lot right? I can almost guarantee you need more carbs before you work out. You should be eating 5 small meals per day with adequate fluid intake. Make sure to do neck stretches and breathing techniques at least 3 times per day to keep you from getting headaches (which are prob being caused by tense muscles in neck). The twitching after working out is normal... That is your muscles releasing lactic acid and that is what they are supposed to do.  How is your vitamin D levels? Being there is less sunlight and it's cold out they might be a little low... Egg yolks are good source of D if you can't get at least 20 minutes sunlight per day. You have no symptoms to get an MRI . If you were having seizures, then yeah, get an MRI but your symptoms sound like it doesn't have anything to do with your brain. Sounds to me like its your autonomic nervous system needs to be trained on how to not be on high alert all the time. Start taking a probiotic. Do neck exercises and stretches and make sure you are getting enough calories according to your metabolic needs and don't let sugar levels get too low... Once they are in the 70s means you need to eat
Bookmark and Share

Offline hijikata

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2014, 08:54:08 AM »
Coming from someone who this has also been one my greatest fears, I can honestly tell you that the more you dwell on headaches the more they will continue to plague you. I get a headache, i over dramatize the significance of the headache and it ends up lasting a week until I say ***** it, get over it, and then it goes away. And with the headaches Ive had all sorts of sensations. I went into a guitar store in Japan and felt so dizzzy that the room was spinning around me. I was in my bed in the hotel room and the bed felt like a boat in stormy seas. I found myself not being able to read the internet codes on the back of my hostels door because they were blurry. When i got home i went to see a gp who did a balance test and said that I had actually failed which obviously worried me even more. Until one day again I just woke up, worn out from the constant worrying and said ***** it. After that my symptoms went away. I guess the point of this post is the more we prioritize and dwell and consciously think about our symptoms the more pronounced they become. If you get a MRI and it comes back clear, your symptoms will fade automatically but it will be a short reprieve from the cycle of symptom and worst case scenario we find ourselves in on a daily basis. We have a form of OCD where we obsess over our health and are compelled to get to the bottom of every ache/niggle and twitch. We go to the doctor to have that fleeting feeling that for that small moment in time, we are not facing down death. But it always finds its way back in some shape or form.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2014, 09:11:27 AM »
BTW, sounds also definitely like what you are feeling are side effects of all these different meds you are trying. It takes a month or more to return back to normal, but you will return to normal, once you find the right med and the right dose for you. I am really against benzos like zanax so i don't know if you take that but I advise everyone to not ever even get started on that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 09:50:53 AM »
I can sure empathize with you.  I get adrenaline surges that result in a prickly feeling in my leg skin and have had neuro symptoms on and off for 9 years, with my most recent bout lasting three years.  Talk about frustrating.  I've had many tests including MRI's, nerve tests, blood work etc. and all the tests come back normal.  I have been told it could be anxiety or my lower back (have a herniated disc), but I have not been able to find relief.

One thing I am doing is reading a book by Dr. Sarno called  The Mindbody Prescription.  I recommend it, as it gives me hope.  The book discusses the role the mind plays in physical symptoms.  Give it a try.

Feel well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 10:55:22 AM »
I am also convinced I have a brain tumour. I have woken up this morning feeling sick and lightheaded for most of the day now - not sure what it is. I regularly get headaches all over various points in my head along with a horrible rushing buzzy feeling in my head that makes me feel dizzy!

If I did have a brain tumour would I have nausea and dizziness together with the headaches or would they each happen separately - I still can't get the thought out of my mind that something is wrong, fed up of it, I am getting really really down about it and wish the doctors would push me for a test, maybe its because I have seen different doctors!!??

Beta blockers were working, now seemed to have stopped - so is it a brain tumour????

So fed up and scared of being scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2014, 07:15:27 PM »
trying my best to accept it's anxiety causing all my symptoms and aches+pains. still feeling very dizzy and spaced out/depersonalised wherever i go along with the tingles and pains everywhere. I'm continuing with the meds in the hope that they start to work soon and booking some CBT sessions first thing tomorrow. i just wish these head pains would stop, i got a deep dull pain before that literally stopped me in my tracks. awful. really hope things start picking up soon. i'm going to try and force myself to the gym again but don't know how it will go
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2014, 02:03:08 AM »
Tight muscles in your neck..i have the exact same thing...cept mines been over a year....you should message me sometime...we are twinkies lol....feels like your gonna lose tourind, pass out, seizure? You dont know what but something is def gonna happen? But it never does?....yep...anxiety and severe muscle tension. The vertigo is the worst.
Bookmark and Share
~The one big bummer about reality is.....there's no awesome background music~

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2014, 06:52:55 AM »
sorry to hear you suffer too but i'm glad i'm not alone so someone understands how i feel! my mom is a massage therapist and said my neck isn't particularly tight which worries me. The headaches are still awful which i think may be down to the Prozac, i'm on day 7 now. I keep getting horrible split second rushes of dizziness too and they're quite frightening, i've read a few people say they experience similar things so i'm hoping that's down to the anxiety. My muscles are still twitching like crazy, they aren't settling down at all
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2014, 10:15:54 AM »
Mine dont 'feel' tight either and im a cosmetologist for 15 yrs...i used to do massages....bend your neck to one side, feel that muscle that extends from your ear area to your shoulder...there is a nerve in there....if i press on that some of my symptoms disappear but then i get a baddd headache....anxiety makes you tense bad, and deep...im always reminded to think of the most simplst thing first....instead of getting out of control and into deeper self diagnosing. Which is soooooo hard.
Bookmark and Share
~The one big bummer about reality is.....there's no awesome background music~

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 10:38:28 AM »
Hey I've not read all the posts but just wanted To give u some advice I have been going through CBT for nearly 6 months and the worst thing u can do is google. I know exactly what u do and I've been there but it really doesn't help you trying to find people's experiences is gonna scare u more. Convincing yourself that these symptoms ARE a brain tumour is silly. You have seen 8 medical professions not 1 or 2 but 8 different people hear individuals study health and medicines for 3-5 years possibly more! And you are reading something on the internet which points to brain tumour which I suppose you have NO medical qualifications? Then why on earth listen to google but not these fully qualified medical professional who again il add have done this for many many years before they even see patients. (I'm not trying to have a go I really do know how u feel but  just passing on what I have learnt and how far I've come to control my anxiety) I've thought I've had a brain tumour, mouth cancer, breast cancer, cervical cancer, dvt, this list goes on! Each time I have symts which generally link to the illness I'm concerned about at the time but once that goes out of my head it's if by magic the symtoms disappear. I'm glad to hear you are booking in some CBT sessions I'm pretty certain they will help you! Medicines give out symptoms too so give that time too. Hope u do feel better soon x
Bookmark and Share

Tags: