Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: convinced i have brain tumour, doc wont test  (Read 1778 times)

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: convinced i have brain tumour, doc wont test
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 06:59:40 PM »
You sound very similar to me, but I don't get dizzy. My headaches are very similar to yours it seems like, I have been able to tolerate mine. I've been to an eye doctor and my GP and neither of them even thought tumor, the only reason they talk to me about it is because I brought it up. My head pains have been going on for three months now. My doctor said he might send me to a neuro not because he thinks it's a tumor but just to make sure something else isn't going on. This all started when I had anxiety issues, now I focus on every single ache and pain and probably magnify the severity. My headaches aren't debilitating but just annoying, sometimes they are in the front of my head other times on top or the back. I still am concerned that something is wrong with me but day by day I'm calming my self down and I can feel my self getting back to the old me. two weeks ago for about two weeks straight I had a feeling in my head like it had been stuffed with something and that nothing was going on in my brain, This was the scariest thing I've ever experienced, It did eventually go away. I've had body aches, twitches, heck there was a period of time where four days straight I woke up with my whole body shaking, I woke up with a numb arm and face for about a week, I get occasional stabs of pain in my head(these are referred to Ice Pick headaches and are benign, but very annoying), I've felt like my concentration and focus has been off but when I work out I'm a sharp as a tac. I also go to the gym everyday and am a year younger then you. Those eye and neuro test are pretty darn effective when it comes to eliminating brain tumor as the cause for issues, I have heard that 90% of tumors are suspected and found because of a bad eye exam that lead to further testing, and someone who is no longer on the forum had two family members with brain tumors and they failed their neuro exam. Things that come an go are often a good sign that it isn't something sinister. I'm not trying to he harsh, and I am certainly not diminishing your symptoms because just like they are with me, they are very real and very unfortunate. I posted to let you know that you aren't alone and it appears someone else had symptoms like us, got tested and was clean.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline CrazyQuacker75

Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 07:27:08 PM »
Also your issues could be stemming from your sinuses, or back/neck tension.
This is a great video for neck pain and sometimes quite literally make my head aches melt away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6netzXNlvAI
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 02:19:19 AM »
The very fact that you have so many symptoms is probably why your doctors aren't concerned about a brain tumour. They simply don't work like that.

One of my friends had a brain tumour and he had one worsening symptom. He lost all of the peripheral vision in both eyes because the tumour was pushing on his optic nerve. He went to one doctor who sent him for an emergency MRI and then that's ame day he went to hospital.

A brain tumor pushes on one part of a persons brain at a time and then gradually other symptoms start to appear as it grows and pushes on other parts of the brain that do different things.

This many symptoms at once is almost always anxiety related :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 05:25:14 AM »
i understand that but my symptoms are getting to be so severe that i can't ignore them and the cause of my anxiety is the symptoms themselves.

Dave, you have it backwards. Please listen to what Stephtronic (and others) are trying to tell you. It's not the symptoms which are creating anxiety (although they're definitely helping persist it), it's the anxiety that is creating the symptoms. It's a positive feedback loop until you ACCEPT anxiety as the source of the symptoms.

People seem to have an incredibly difficult time accepting that anxiety creates physical issues when it most definitely does. It's not just a mental disorder that makes you feel scared/anxious - it's a condition where the brain is too often firing off the sympathetic nervous system and too often preparing for (hello adrenaline) episodes of varying fight or flight that takes a toll on the body. This results in overall inflammation of various portions of the body, seemingly random physical symptoms, and debilitating cycles of anxiety/panic.

Your dizziness is most likely psychogenic dizziness related to the brain continually having to deal with the underlying anxiety. By accepting the diagnosis of anxiety, you free yourself (or at least start down that healthy road) from having to continually freak out on each new symptom. What you should be thinking is "damn anxiety", "there's that anxiety again", "this is BS, these symptoms are annoying", etc. - *not* "I feel adrenaline in my system, I must have a brain tumor."

Anxiety is the source. It is what is triggering your body. You need to change your perception of this in order to get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 06:24:17 AM »
last night my headache was that bad it woke me up in my sleep and this morning it's absolutely terrible. It's getting worse when i cough or bend forward which the doctor even told me was a bad sign. I don't know what to do. My dizziness extends to when i close my eyes and lie on my side, i feel like the room's spinning and random surges of adrenaline shoot through me when i change position, it's terrible. I never EVER get headaches and this has worsened for weeks to the point now that it's debilitating. I had nausea and vomiting over a week ago however it got better and i regained my appetite. Does Prozac cause headaches and worsening dizziness? i had them beforehand but since starting it's gotten so much worse. The lines have been blurred so it's hard to tell but the fact the headache woke me up and is worse when i cough or bend forward can't be a good sign at all. I have terrible tingling all down my right side and the dizziness is nearly stopping me walking in a straight line.
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 07:42:04 AM »
ave been suffering with a number of symptoms since end of august that hwith my brain. They have lead to my absolute certainty that I have a brain tumour or something deadly wrong , from stabbing pains on the same side, pressure head aches to the base of head, to the sides, top and forehead and just full on head pain, also sharp waves of head pain,  dizziness, what feel like pokes to my brain, rushes of something (doctor says its adrenaline) but these rushes make my head feel fuzzy and buzzy and then followed by dizziness.

I have had nausea, dizziness and fear of constant panic and doom and just feeling really really crap and tired.

Seen 5 different doctors, had an eye test, no MRI or blood tests as the doctors are adamant it is anxiety, now on beta blockers to ease symptoms, seems to work, but still have headaches! Sometimes bad, sometimes constant - just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 08:39:08 AM »
my head is agony today and my left side just feels like it's getting weaker. i'm dizzy and disorientated but don't have any idea what i can do. I've had my prozac and an anti dizziness tablet but it's done absolutely nothing. I'm sick of living like this. If i lean left i get a surge shooting to my head that i can't explain. I've had a twitch under my right eye for 5 days now and my muscles everywhere are twitching. This is a living hell. The headache is unbearable and the room is spinning.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LynnBee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 10:18:53 AM »
If your symptoms are as bad as you describe, then go to an ER. That's what the emergency room is there for - emergencies. "The headache is unbearable and the room is spinning" - if it's really so terrible as you describe, then you need to see a doctor now. Have someone else drive you, because I would assume an unbearable headache/spinning room means you aren't in any shape to operate a vehicle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 10:33:13 AM »
MrDave 3 questions if I may (1) do you feel like you have a fever that comes and goes? (2) do your joints ache - especially in the hands? (3) do you experience a racing heart?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 11:33:14 AM »
1.) yes 2.) yes 3.) no
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 02:18:26 PM »
I would suggest you specifically speak to your doctor about Lyme Disease.  The test is a simple blood test and treatment is antibiotics.  Keep in mind that the test isn't perfect - apparently lots of false-positives as well as false-negatives so lots of times (at least around here) they send you away with both the testing paperwork and a script for the antibiotics - basically they treat you for it no matter what the test shows but if its Lyme you'll feel better in a couple of days with the antibiotics.

I've had Lyme and had all the same symptoms - except my heart would also race at the slightest exertion.  Lyme Disease can be very tricky to diagnose especially if you live in a part of the country where they're not familiar with it but it can play havoc.  I'm lucky because years ago my doctor also had Lyme Disease but couldn't' figure out what was wrong with him but his health got so bad he was a couple of weeks away from closing his practice then he happened to meet another doctor at a party who recognized it as Lyme and treated him for it, so now my doctor is fine and hyper aware of the symptoms and is very aggressive in treating people for it.

When I had Lyme that was about as bad as I ever felt.  Especially at night when all the joints in my body felt like they were about to explode.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 02:41:10 PM »
There is only so much we can do for you here as we are not health professionals, and since you are not open to it being anxiety and have disregarded a lot of the very good advice given to you, then that makes our help even more limited.
If your symptoms are as bad as you describe, then go to an ER. That's what the emergency room is there for - emergencies. "The headache is unbearable and the room is spinning" - if it's really so terrible as you describe, then you need to see a doctor now. Have someone else drive you, because I would assume an unbearable headache/spinning room means you aren't in any shape to operate a vehicle.
I agree with Lynn. If it's truly as awful as you describe, then just go to the ER. Tell them you're having very severe pain in your head and nothing is helping and that you feel like vomiting, etc. Maybe they'll even give you the MRI you've been hoping for. Or maybe they'll tell you it's anxiety. It's a crapshoot, really.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline CrazyQuacker75

Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 02:42:50 PM »
I think I agree with lynn.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 04:23:07 PM »
I agree with everyone

If the pain is unbearable you need to see someone. Still, I don't want you to think we believe this is caused by you really having a brain tumour and start to worry even more because we are advising you see a professional. There could be a lot of other benign things this could be.

Hold tight and please keep us updated with how you're doing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 04:44:50 PM »
i went to see a doctor and he told me that he's not concerned regarding a brain tumour, i specifically told him my fears and how i'm feeling. he said that they'd keep an eye on me and to pop back in if i continue feeling unwell. he said it's normal to feel worse and have headaches amongst other symptoms when first starting up on Prozac. My headache has slightly eased off but i'm still getting a lot of sharp pains across my head amongst hot and cold pinches across my head and neck. I have a strange feeling on my nose that comes and goes, almost like there's a pair of glasses resting on it, i've had this on and off for about a month nowMy muscles are twitching and i feel incredibly faint, dizzy and spaced out when i walk around, particularly in public places. The hot flushes come on randomly and are terrible, it feels like i've got sunburn.

I had a blood test last week which came back fine, the doctor said it was pretty conclusive. I just want this nightmare to end. The symptoms are terrible and so strange, i've never experienced anything like it before.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: