Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Overwhelmed by the life changes  (Read 155 times)

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Overwhelmed by the life changes
« on: January 24, 2014, 02:51:56 PM »
So...I'm not complaining. At all. Because I think I'm going in a very positive direction with my life lately. Mindfulness has been beneficial. Lexapro I feel has given me more pep in the evening to be more engaged with my family, to cook more family dinners. Working on a "values based" approach to life via the ACT book has been helpful.

And yet....I feel there has been so much going on, this whole new way of thinking, etc, the drive to do more, that it's almost overwhelming. Distancing myself from my thoughts has been beneficial in decreasing the initial depressive an anxious symptoms, making me less worried about life, yet I'm exhausted from the effort. I don't know if that makes sense. Maybe a feeling of too much too soon. Again, I like the direction my life is going. But the very act of TELLING myself to approach something calmly or not focusing on my feelings, well it's different from how I have approached my life for 31 years, I feel like I'm going through some growing pains.

So, not neccessarily looking for some advice, just sharing thoughts and interested in other people's experiences. Definitely something I'll be sharing with my psychiatrist next week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: Overwhelmed by the life changes
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 05:34:52 AM »
I think once you get on a roll and see that you can do things, it can all become that little bit easier for you. Things begin to go your way. Were once they might have went against you. All you needed was that belief and to get on a positive streak. To be honest, I always say it doesn't matter how people get on that positive streak. There is no right or no wrong way. Whatever works for each person. Always good to read of people feeling good. Keep up the good work.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: