Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Brain tumor worries continue...need talking down :(  (Read 229 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain tumor worries continue...need talking down :(
« on: January 24, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »
For the past 3 months I've been having facial pressure...it doesn't hurt, it's just always there.  It feels like I'm wearing glasses that are too tight on my nose, only I don't wear glasses.  Sometimes the pressure goes into my cheeks and behind my eyes...everything feels tight.  I thought I had a sinus tumor, but both my GP and ENT said I didn't...ENT even ran a CT scan of my sinuses for my peace of mind, and of course it came up perfectly clear.  He chalked it up to sinus pressure.

Two weeks ago my DH left for an overseas business trip to a pretty scary place...and I was left here to take care of our infant.  It was at that time that the face pressure moved to my head (top and right side) and the headaches started daily.  Family said it was stress/tension and when DH returned it would go away.  Well, DH came home two days ago and the headaches have subsided quite a bit, although not completely.  But the pressure is still there!!! 

Plus, I've been thinking my right ear is clogged.  But I'm not sure if it really is or if my mind is making it up (it's a brain tumor symptom on Google...and yes, I know I shouldn't be googling).  When I yawn or try to pop my ears, my right ear kind of sounds like there's a bit of water in it...only there's not.  I haven't been sick, had a cold, sinus issues, or anything...so what else could this be?

Between the headaches, face pressure, head pressure, and now this ear thing (that may not even be real???), I'm convinced I have a brain tumor.  Family says I don't and it's all stress and tension related.  I'm wondering if I should go back to my GP and ask for a neuro referral....but family thinks that's a bit extreme. 

Thoughts???? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain tumor worries continue...need talking down :(
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 02:21:28 PM »
Oh-forgot to add that if I apply pressure between my eyebrows or on the sides of my nostrils (pressure points) the pressure goes away completely.  When I let go, it comes back.  What's up with that?????
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 02:29:27 PM »
My first thought: sinus inflammation (if u haven't, try Advil and hot coffee).  Second thought:  your neck is out of whack.   A trip to a chiropractor may help by releasing any trapped nerves.  If your doc suspected ca  or a tumor, he'd cover his behind and do more tests.  You're in my prayers...this WILL pass.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 02:38:47 PM »
Thanks NYT!  Yeah, DH has suggested either a chiropractor or acupuncture.  He thinks the tension in my neck/back are the cause of this.  Not feeling real confident with either idea...and wondering if I should go back to the GP first.   I don't have any kind of sinus inflammation according to my CT scan, so the facial pressure is still a mystery.  LOL--I have found that caffeine is a great way to reduce these symptoms, so coffee and sodas have become my friend. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline vivalagloria

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 04:28:43 PM »
Hi there! I've had the EXACT same feeling. One time, it actually was my glasses that were too tight. I had the nose grips loosened a little and it felt much more comfortable.

I also recently experienced the facial pressure thing and it was due to my back problems. I get really bad tension in my back, and it makes all the muscles in my shoulders and neck to sort of seize up and get inflamed and tense. Eventually it builds up and starts giving me pressure in my head, weird headaches that seem to move around. This of course makes me assume that I have a brain tumour, but those symptoms are not really classic symptoms of brain tumour, but they are related to muscular problems.

I had a deep tissue massage and it really helped loosen up my neck and shoulder area, and I haven't really had the face/head pain since. So I'd recommend giving that a try! Alternatively, maybe do a little self massage to ease up your muscles.

I also recommend:

- Biofreeze gel, a pain relieving topical treatment containing menthol. It really helps soothe the muscles.
- Yoga and stretching
- Bring as much awareness as you can to your posture. If you're at a computer a lot, make sure you don't slouch. Getting up to stretch regularly and altering my posture is helping my muscle tension
- Keeping warm! I have an electric blanket on my sofa that I like to wrap around my back and neck. The warmth helps relax the muscles.

Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 10:47:53 AM »
Thanks vivalagloria!  My DH is going to attempt a neck/shoulder massage this evening to see if that helps.  How long did your facial pressure go on? 

My ENT suspected some kind of muscle thing too because the only time I feel great is during the night while I sleep (or when I first wake up)...then it all starts up again.  I even asked him if I should check with a Neuro and he said no.

I can understand headaches and pressure coming from stress/tension/muscle issues....but the ear thing?? 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: