Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Chest burning...anyone else?  (Read 275 times)

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Chest burning...anyone else?
« on: January 24, 2014, 01:03:07 PM »
Has anyone else here been plagued by chest burning?  Basically I'm getting either classic heart attack symptoms, esophagus issue (I'm on a PPI) or pulmonary thing.  Nobody can tell me what's wrong, though they claim they don't think it's my heart (been tested a bunch over the last 12 months).  The past 24-hours have been quite painful, and it's not getting better.  I don't know if I should check in with my doctor, blow it off, or what.  I'm quite confused, and I really don't want another round of tests.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chest burning...anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 01:44:29 PM »
A burning chest sounds like GERD, where acids back up into the esophagus and can cause awfully intense burning and pain...I've had it so bad that I was sure it was a heart problem, but like u, tests were normal.  I'd recommend drinking something soothing (almond milk has low acid) and do NOT lay down because it will prevent the acids from going back down.  Try to find something relaxing to do (good book, movie, mmeditation, etc) and you'll be great.  For the next few nights, try to prop yourself up in bed until things settle down (keep the chest slightly higher and don't lie flat).  This will pass...try not to worry, it increases acid production.  Hugs  :sad0126:
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline wegngis

Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 01:56:06 PM »
My mind says you're right, my fight-or-flight response says you are crazy.  I do everything "right" in regards to diet (my diet is insanely healthy) and I avoid anything that would even remotely cause GERD type trouble.  It burns on the left side of my breastbone, which is pretty near where the esophagus is, right?  Ugh.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline wegngis

Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 04:13:34 PM »
Just to update, now I'm burning on both sides of my chest, and also burns right through to my back, almost like lungs.  I'm trying to be good with this, but it's worse every day.  Does anyone else have experience with burning chest/back?
Bookmark and Share

Offline wordsmith615

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 04:43:27 PM »
Hi..Just know someone else is going through the same thing. I'm scared to death to go to the doctor but have an appt set for this Monday.  I try to stay rational but my anxiety thinks the worst most of the time.
I'm afraid to eat anything but I know I have to eat.  I stopped bread, decaf coffee, surgery cereals..etc hoping it will go away.  I has subsided a bit but still there. Chest burn and sometimes my arms and face but for sure an uneasy feeling in my chest and "tinny" taste in my mouth that sends my anxiety to a much higher level.
I feel for you.  Have you seen your doctor about it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 12:59:25 PM »
Yes, I've seen him.  Doesn't seem to think it's anything dastardly, which is hard to accept given my physical suffering.  I may do a 6-month checkup later this month, though.  Let me know how your appointment goes.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: