Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: worried im going to lose my job  (Read 257 times)

Offline Graceski8

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Hyper
    Hyper
  • Agoraphobic
    • Poke This Member
worried im going to lose my job
« on: January 24, 2014, 12:16:00 PM »
i've had panic attacks for 4 years, but since August last year it's been so bad I haven't been able to leave my house. i was diagnosed with agoraphobia, my boss has been very understanding and told me I could work from home until I was better. I don't think he realised how long it would take to get better and back to work and neither did i. i thought to myself 'it will go off, i'll get out again' but it's just got worse and worse until I broke down completely.

It's now almost half a year later and I'm still working from home. every time I update them on my progress they don't really say much. I can do my job from home no problem, but they want me back in the office. i understand that, and i want to be back, but it's taking so long...i'm not ready.

After seeing a psychiatrist who wasn't helpful at all I decided to see a lady who does NLP hypnotherapy and CBT. It is helping, I feel better, but going outside still feels so far away and so difficult. I've been going for walks and stuff but I just keep wanting to run home. i'll continue to keep on going out though until i don't feel that way anymore.

I just wish I could wave a magic wand and be better now so I can just go back to work, i've completely isolated myself. i don't want to get fired, i like my job, they like me, i feel important there and valued but i feel it's only a matter of time till they've had enough.

i'm just thinking how much longer are they going to put up with me working from home until they decide it's time i either come back straight away or sack me....  :( :( :( :(

just had to vent, hopefully i'll find some courage somewhere and my CBT plan will magicallly help in the next couple of months!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LuLu82

• Poke This Member
Re: worried im going to lose my job
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 12:46:25 AM »
i totally understand your situation...Your workplace could become a "comfort zone" for you if you start going enough.    or what about starting off slowly, like once or twice a week or even half days until you get readjusted if that is cool with the employers...?
Bookmark and Share

Offline luckyakhi

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: worried im going to lose my job
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 01:31:31 AM »
I was going through the same thing last year.  I slowly started my progress by first coming on weekends when the office was empty and then gradually on normal working days. The symptoms are still there and still don't go out for office lunches and stuff . But the team is very understanding and helping which translates in me feeling safe in office.
I think you would be more comfortable in office if your team is aware about your condition.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: