Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: spinning - vertigo - brain tumor fears  (Read 318 times)

Offline worriedsick

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
spinning - vertigo - brain tumor fears
« on: January 24, 2014, 04:03:42 AM »
I got back from a trip about a week ago.  While on the trip, the night after the plane ride, I had this weird dream that everything was spinning... then it stopped.  I woke up a few minutes later and when I sat up everything was spinning.  It took a few minutes to get my bearings but everything settled down.  When I would tilt my head back to the right things would start spinning again.

The feeling persisted for a few days but not in my dreams anymore.  It was a lot less prevalent and only happened when i tilted my head back to the right.  I also sort of felt it when i laid down on my back flat - felt like pressure inside the middle of my head and dizziness would start. 

then for about a week I was fine... until tonight.  I woke up again at 3am on the floor in an awkward position (felt like I was putting a lot of pressure on my right side of my neck in a weird way).  When I got up - bam same dizziness again.  I am just getting over it now. 

I am terrified that it is a brain tumor.  anyone else?  Is it even possible that its something innocuous?  Everything I read leads me to brain tumor and imminent demise.
Bookmark and Share

Offline i960

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: spinning - vertigo - brain tumor fears
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 04:34:01 AM »
A brain tumor would not let up. This sounds like BPPV.
Bookmark and Share

Online Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: spinning - vertigo - brain tumor fears
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:41:56 AM »
My father has Meniere's disease which is a condition of the inner ear that causes the type vertigo you just described.  I've had it many times in my life.  I can identify with everything you mentioned including being on the floor.  One of my children had cried in the night and when I tried to get out of bed, I ended up on  the floor, gripping the carpet trying to get the spinning to stop. I am quite sure I have it too, but when he was tested, it was in hospital and some treatment with water in his ear.  I'd rather skip that.

Sounds like the plane ride caused an inner ear imbalance and you need to get all that opened up again.  Sudaphed works for me.
http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/balance/pages/meniere.aspx
Bookmark and Share

Tags: