Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: New obsessions everyday!! Help  (Read 389 times)

Offline Ryan1788

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New obsessions everyday!! Help
« on: January 23, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »
Lately it seems that everyday is a new obsession. I've had every type of OCD from harm ocd to schiz ocd and usually my obsessions can last for weeks or months and drive me bonkers!! But lately every morning I wake up I'm obsessing about something new and annoying. Today I'm currently worried about becoming a transgender person... So random!! The only reason this has come up in my mind is because I read something on ***** about a transgender. I'm a gay male so obviously I support my LBGT community but I have never felt that I need to be a different sex, I love being a boy. But today for some reason I'm obsessing and questioning myself wondering if I really am happy being a boy. This is so random and is really bothering me. It will probably pass tomorrow or the next day. Yesterday I was worried that I was going to become a serial killer and today I'm worried about becoming a transgender.. What the hell! Why is OCD the most annoying, awful disorder ever!! I hate it so much and just want to get better. Anyway, point being... Does anyone suffer from random obsessions that only last a few days or so and switch to something else so quickly? I've never had obsessions come and go so fast so was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Any kind words would be amazing!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chilly

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New obsessions everyday!! Help
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 02:26:17 AM »
I can relate, although my obsessions seem to last longer than a few days. They also seem to cycle through. I've had the serial killer one (honestly it's the one I struggle with the most often. It's the most terrifying to me), feared being a pedo, feared being schizo, and the shortest lasting one was when I worried I was "becoming gay" for a few days. All this since september/October.
    I guess we worry about becoming the things that are the opposite of who we are. It seems like some people have a single obsession day in/ day out, others cycle through them. Either way it's terrible.
    We could all use some kind words of encouragement now and again! Just know that you're not alone on the ever-changing obsessions!
    Best of luck! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline sdd

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 09:05:28 PM »
I am right there with you.  Usually my obsessions would last about a year or so.  Right now, they are changing weekly.  And as of the past 2 weeks, I seem to obsess about the same general topic, but a different subtopic every day.  It is so annoying!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tld.

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »
I have a few constant obsessions, that ive had for a year now, and then I get others every other day, some of those stay toom but some just go, it depends on how  much I fear them I suppose.  My newest one is a strange one and its that ive killed my friends cat. Youre not alone  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: