Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Breast lump...?  (Read 388 times)

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Breast lump...?
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:56:42 PM »
I debated all day yesterday whether or not I should start doing self-breast exams again. Last time I did one, I freaked out and got an ultrasound on it (that I couldn't afford in the first place) only to find out it was just breast tissue I was worrying about. It's not like I found just one spot either. I had a few places that I got an ultrasound on. Since then, I've had multiple more lumps that I've gotten myself concerned with, but I've been able to eventually rationalize my way through it and make myself realize it's just lumpy tissue -- it took a few days of compulsive reassurance, though.

So obviously, I have issues with remaining calm and logical and determining between what's normal and what's not.
My breasts are pretty lumpy, so it's also hard for me to recall exactly what has been there all along and what hasn't.

Anyways, I went ahead and did one, and of course, I found a "lump." It took a few hours to work my way through recognizing that the lump was normal, and then I proceeded to move on to a new lump, now of which I keep checking over and over again to reassure myself that it's normal, and most of my brain knows it is, but part of me is still freaking out.

I've had my fiance check it, and he says it feels normal and like the rest of the tissue. I can feel other bits like it, but it just seems a bit firmer to me, but then again I could have a warped sense of what I'm feeling because of my HA. I also realized earlier that I'm right before my next cycle, and I know breasts get their lumpiest then. So, does anyone think it'd be okay for me to wait a few days and check it again or should I run straight to my doctor?
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
Re: Breast lump...?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 07:56:55 PM »
I would wait until 2 weeks after your period and then check it - breasts are the least lumpy then.  My doctor told me that you really only need that clinical exam once a year!  (when I told her I was way too squeamish about examining myself and that I don't even know what I am looking for!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 08:12:19 PM »
With HA your self exams are not objective... It would be good for you to go to doctor once a year go get your breasts checked. As for your current worry, I believe you are perfectly fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »
Thank you both!

I think I'm going to try to stay away from self-exams from now on. I have had yearly clinical breast exams since I was 18, and I think I'm just going to stick with that! My last one was in October and that's actually when I got the ultrasound, too. So it's only been a few months. I think I'm just going to try to forget I ever did the self exam and just not think about it until my yearly comes up again, lol.  :spineyes:

Or I'll check after my period just to be sure. My brain makes me afraid to check and afraid to not check as well.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Angelofworry

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 11:40:46 PM »
I currently have a breast lump too. Mine kinda feels like normal tissue, but kinda not. I have no words to help you through this, just wanted to let you know, I'm in the same boat :-) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline jaxsonny

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 11:15:46 AM »
I'm in the same boat too! Mine always feel that way right before my cycle too which is now. I had my last ultrasound in dec. I think you are right its best not to feel around because my mind makes me think im feeling something bad :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 11:40:04 AM »
I'm covered in lumps that are just fatty tissue. At the start of this year I thought I felt something abnormal and I was convinced that it was cancerous only to find out it was just tissue. I'm sure you'll be fine x
Bookmark and Share

Tags: