Thanks, stephtronic. You're probably right and while that's a relief, I'm still worried about why this keeps happening and if I should go to the doctor. If it's bacterial I'm not sure if I could treat it with OTC antibacterial ointments and hydrogen peroxide or if I need something Rx strength. Thing is, I've been to the doctor so many times recently for dumb things and my husband's not too pleased about the bills that are coming in :-\ So I'm not sure if this warrants a visit or not. Should I be concerned?
Also, if it were caused by winter weather, as you say it can be, could it affect just one nostril?