Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Not able to eat anything! Dating anxiety  (Read 122 times)

Offline olive6

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Not able to eat anything! Dating anxiety
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:38 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I have always struggled with anxiety (general and social) but it has usually been something I can keep under control. But this week I have been so anxious that I can hardly eat. I'm really hungry, but don't even want to think about food and nothing seems appetizing. My stomach has been in knots and just doesn't feel good.

It all started when I started communicating with someone I met on an online dating site. I think I could really like him, so why am I feeling like this?! I guess I'm nervous about the potential because my last serious relationship was a disaster. Anyway I just need help so I can figure out how to stop feeling like this and be able to eat again. I felt a bit better after talking to a friend about it last night but it's back this morning. It's been four days, I think, since I was able to eat more than a few bites of food. Does anyone have any good tips?

Thank you!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline olive6

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Not able to eat anything! Dating anxiety
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:25:39 AM »
Thanks Eric, I really appreciate your reply. Living with anxiety all the time is so frustrating. If this goes on affecting my eating much longer I will definitely try protein shakes. I ended up very slowly drinking a smoothie around lunch time and taking some Advil. Surprisingly it helped and I ate some normal food later in the day, just very slowly. Also, I know what you mean about fearing choking - I worry about that whenever I'm in my house or another secluded area by myself.

Tonight I told two friends I was hanging out with that I'd been too anxious to eat lately (not even thinking before I spoke) and surprisingly both of them immediately chimed in that they have also been dealing with feelings of anxiety or stress that have affected their eating in the past couple of weeks. Knowing that didn't make it go away, but you're so right that it really does help to know I'm not alone. Thank you for the reminder!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: