Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worked up over chemicals..  (Read 124 times)

Offline anxietydriven

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worked up over chemicals..
« on: January 23, 2014, 01:27:54 AM »
Sometimes I wish I was more open with my anxiety, because then people would be more cautious when it comes to things that set me off.
I developed this fear of accidentally ingesting things I shouldn't last year, and it has plagued me since. Today I was at work, and this guy was handing me this bottle of cleaner, he was playing around with it and accidentally sprayed me in the face. I got really panicked and paranoid immediately. Of course, everyone's main concern was my eyes. As was mine at first. But then my anxiety started getting the better of me.

I was and am worried that I swallowed some or that it got up my nose. I had washed my face and I didn't taste any of the chemical. Assuming I'd notice a distinct difference in chemicals had gotten into my mouth. My eyes are just fine, no irritation, and my skin doesn't seem to be irritated either. Yet I'm still a paranoid mess because many symptoms that can be related to chemical poisoning also fit anxiety. My boyfriend and my mom calmed me down some, but I'm still afraid to go to sleep. I'm worried something is going to happen and I'm scared.

All of this happened about six hours ago, and I still can't stop thinking about it. I'm not really experiencing any symptoms. I felt so much better after my boyfriend talked to me about it. But I'm getting tired, and I think the idea of sleeping has me even more worked up.. Anyone have anything they do before bed to help them relax?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worked up over chemicals..
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 05:47:51 AM »
I like some music on before bed. To unwind. Trust me you would have known within six hours if anything bad was wrong with you. I hope those people at work learned a lesson. I would have been more worried about the eyes that about swallowing any of it. Had you of swallowed any of it, chances are it would have came back up quicker that you could have imagined. So you are well safe there. Just tell them at work not to be so stupid next time around. They could seriously blind a person with some things. But try some music and a few deep breathing exercises before bed. You can check some out on you tube. Learn how to do them in the right way. They are good for relaxing you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: